We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savusavu hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 posts
Savusavu hotels

2 part question

1. I am trying to decide between staying at Daku Resort or Naveria Heights Lodge. Any input?

2. Do I need to do a pkg with meals or would it be better to just have breakfast and go into town for other meals? I will be traveling solo so I thought it might be easier to eat at hotel if it is difficult to get into town/restaurants.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Savusavu hotels

Hi There,

I would HIGHLY recommend staying at Daku Resort for your time spent in Savusavu!

In November 2014 i travelled solo to Savusavu and had the absolute pleasure of spending my 10 days staying here. Not only was i welcomed in with open arms, but for the duration of my time there i was looked after and treated like royalty from some of the kindest local people i have ever met!

As for the meals, their food is fantastic - they have a menu on a board each day so that you know what is on offer for meal times (i spent most of my evening meals at daku - apart from one night when i ventured into the township - 5-10walk MAX from daku) and every night i was more than satisfied! Eating at the resort is also a nice chance to meet other travelers because at Daku, we eat as a family :)

Whichever you choose im sure you will have a lovely time - Savusavu is a very friendly and relaxing place. but Daku will not dissapoint :)!!

salt lake savusavu
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Savusavu hotels

There is a place on the 2nd largest Island Vanu Levu. Its a quick 50 min flight from Nadi to Savusavu, and after a 25 minutes drive from the Savusavu airport is a small resort called Salt Lake Lodge. Chances are likely you would have the place to yourself. It sits on a salt river with access to both a 100 acre salt lake and the Koro sea. (both a 5 min boat ride) plenty of activities are available from snorkeling to fishing as well as diving and complimentary kayaks, guests have a private beach as well. You can cook your own meals as it has self catering facilities or you can have a cook for a small additional cost. It sits in the rain forest yet a 30 minute car ride to Savusavu town where you can visit the shops and Copra Shed Marina. Waterfall trips and other day activities within easy reach.

Reply to: Savusavu hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu