We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in Savusavu

2 posts
Budget accommodation in Savusavu

Hello,

I am a medical student from the UK heading to a placement at Savusavu Hospital for 6 weeks. I am looking for cheap accommodation nearby - can anyone recommend somewhere decent and cheap?

Bw

Maggie

3 replies to this topic
sydney
5 posts
1. Re: Budget accommodation in Savusavu

Dr. Ishaque usually arranges accommodation. Have you been in touch with him ?

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Budget accommodation in Savusavu

Hi - I had sent a Medical Student to Fiji few years ago (a Fijian elective student) and it is usual that the Hospital where he/she will be working, arranges accommodation. 'Most' Hospitals in Fiji have some sort of 'staff quarters' for this very purpose. There may or may not be a charge, but if there is it will be relatively cheap.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Budget accommodation in Savusavu

Last year when we (hubby and myself) where in Savusavu we had the misfortune of ending up in the local hospital for 24 hours (not the way anyone plans to spend their holidays) but due to that situation we (more 'I' than 'we') also had the lovely experience of coming across two young British ladies that were there for their ongoing medical training. We didn't get a huge chance to chat (circumstances being what they were most 'chatting' took place the following morning when they accompanied the Doctor in charge on her rounds) but I believe that they were staying in Savusavu itself ... something organised by those that make these type of placements for training medical staff I believe so ... as has been said above ... contact whoever is arranging your placement for the time you're there. Savusavu is a good base to explore from and they seemed content with their accommodation.

I know it's work for you but wishing you a lovely time when you're off duty and much enjoyment of your stay in Fiji.

Reply to: Budget accommodation in Savusavu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu