We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

Glasgow
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

Hi

I'm going to India in less than three weeks. I've booked my bus trip from Delhi to Ludhiana via the company 'Raju Travel'. The bus has A/C and is meant to leave from just outside the airport doors. Has anyone used this company's bus before? If so, what did you think of them?

Thanks!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

Hi ,

Raju travel are good people you can trust on them, 99% they are waiting for their clients at main arrival lounge, in case you don`t find them then wait for them at main lounge or call from the lounge. There office and parking stand is hardly 2 km from airport.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

Hi

I'm responding to my own post. So, I arrived in Delhi last week. Sure enough, the employees from Raju travels were waiting for me at arrivals and asked for me by name. so far so good.

They then took me by van to the site (not far from airport) from which their bus leaves.

As there were only four adults and three children needing to be transported to Ludhiana, they opted to take us in a jeep. I can understand that they wouldn't want to use the bus to transport seven people, but I had paid for a comfortable ride on a bus with AC. I didn't expect to have to sit sideways in the back of the jeep without a seatbelt. It seems that they use the bus for the flights that arrive at Delhi airport at night, as there is a greater demand.

However, I did eventually arrive in Ludhiana. Just thought that other users of this service should be aware they may not receive what they are expecting.

Jergens

ldh
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

Hi,

I had a worse experience with Raju travels. The journey from Delhi airport to Ludhiana took me 12 hrs instead of usual 6-7 hours.

The vehicle used this time was a mini bus (as we were more than what they could fit in a jeep) which was not in a very worthy condition. The bus had to be repaired at Karnal, parked besides a petrol pump - took around 2 hrs for that..

Then at Rajpura, the driver suddenly disappeared when the bus stopped for breakfast and came after around 2 hrs or so..

The quality of service is very poor when compared to the Rs 1000 charged for this journey but this is the only direct option from delhi airport.

This time, I am reaching Delhi in the morning and Raju travel does not have any service in the day hours - contrary to what they have put up on their website..

So, I am planning to take a DTC bus to Kasmiri Gate Bus Stand from IGI and use the Volvo bus service to to reach Ludhiana. Let see how this one goes .. fingers crossed ... :o)

canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

I recommend u don't use this travel company beacuse, it is not good at all. They keep you waiting for hours and hours. They have no scheuldue and the bus broke down couple of times. This is all true since, it happened to my mom. She was suppose to be at home at 5 in morning in india but she 7 hours late. Also, they took money from unknown passangers on the road and let them come on the bus. Which is really disappointing and shocking.My realtives were going to use this company but as soon as they heard what happend they cancelled there ticket.My famliy in India had to come and pick my mom up beacuse this company couldn't be on time. This company has horrible arrangments and I recommend that you don't use this Raju travels. I am just warning you because, this happend to my mom.

5. Re: Raju travel - Bus from Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 08:20