We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

Draper, Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

In June we are traveling in first class on the August Kranti Rajdhani Express from Delhi to Mumbai. I have read the staff expect to be tipped. Who does one tip, and what is a reasonable amount?

Any other advice anyone has on traveling on this train would greatly be appreciated.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

The train is a very nice one, no worries. And very comfortable too. You'll be served breakfast (I'm assuming you are boarding at Surat). However, the food may not appeal to you and hence, it would be a good idea to carry some fruits and other foodstuff to be on the safer side.

Tipping around Rs. 200 should be fine and you'd tip the steward in-charge of your coach. It won't be very difficult to figure out who that person is once you are on the train.

- Sandy

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

Wherever in India, service providing people like waiters, stewards, etc expect a tip (though its only optional and based on the service provided).

I feel that Rs 150 - Rs 200 is reasonably good tip for the journey.

Remember, there is also no need to give away too much as tips.

Draper, Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

Thank you for your information. I really do appreciate it. We are actually boarding in Delhi at H Nizamuddin and are in the AC1 sleeper car.

Draper, Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me the information I asked about.

5. Re: Tipping on August Kranti Rajdhani Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Surat
More Surat Topics