We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Hii.. i would be travelling mid of September to Surat to shop for my wedding, which includes Sherwani (INR 15000 max budget) for myself, Bridal dress (INR 25000 max budget) 10 15 party wear dresses for the bride, dresses for mom / dad / sisters / brothers, etc. I am also looking for the below:

Potli Bags

Pagdi

Other miscellaneous items pertaining to wedding

I am currently on a very tight budget, hence the decision to come to Surat, as recommended by friends and family. Can any one help me out as in which areas to target so that i can buy them in 2 days maximum time. I would be staying close to / in Ring Road area, as i was advised to go to Textile market, but i do not know which one.

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
Gujarat, India
Level Contributor
402 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Textile market is only feasible for bulk buy and you will never agreed to buy those 15 dresses of same style in different colours! Better to visit Asopalav (nr Parle point), G3 (nr chowta pool) etc. If you have flexible schedule then try Ahmedabad (Asopalav, Deepkala, Kalaniketan for bride and Manek chowk especially for groom). I have experienced far better fashion trend in Ahmedabad /Vadodara in compare to Surat. In short Surat is best option only for bulk buys.

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Hi harshad,

Shopping from surat is of benefit if you are looking to buy in bulk. Going all the way to surat for just one sherwani and bridal dress and 10 to 15 does not make sense and no bulk seller will entertain you on small quantities. You might end up with a retailer.

I suggest you to go Mumbai, there you can save some bucks and get the latest trend and style in sherwani as well as bridal dress. The styles available in Mumbai Markets are very decent. Try wholesale markets there.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

I'm coming for my son's wedding shopping to India in October just before Diwali . I want to know

.will it be better to shop in Mumbai or Surat. Where will it be better to do Sarrie shopping for family which won't be very expensive yet good enough for gifts . How far is Valsad from Surat for one day shopping

4. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2017, 13:05

Surat, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Don't go to the textile markets near ring road you will only waste your time by visiting them, most of the sellers here are whole sellers that too of either of silk sarees or dress material, better go to the ghoddod road or chowta pul for your sherwani and bridal dress, there are lots of big showrooms where you will get it in your budget. For your shervani i would recommend you to go either

to jade blue (ghoddod road) or b.more (ghoddod road and also on chowta pul), and for the bridal dress you should try in wedding(near chota pul), masakali (ghoddod road) or g3(ghoddod road and chowta pul), you will also get very good dresses from these sellers but if you found it little expensive there are also lots of small shops on chowta and ghoddod road, but as you are shoping for marriage i will recommend you to skip chowta and go to ghoddod road only as you will get better quility here

compare to chowta

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Hi,

I am from Mumbai. I am planning to shop from Surat. My requirements are for 15 sarees and 10 dress materials.is Surat reasonable for me to buy in this quantity than Mumbai? Please advise I am so confused.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

You should definately look for TheRiwaaz,

they offer exceptionally unique products for every wedding, I purchased their product for my sister wedding and we got memories for life.

You can get their contact details from

http://theriwaaz.com/

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India

Where in Mumbai v can latest designs for lehangas and sherwani?

Reply to: Shopping for my Wedding from Surat, India
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Surat