We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, Delhi...
6 posts
Save Topic
Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

I am reaching Manali along with my wife on 25th Feb morning via HPTDC Volvo and will be staying at Hotel Tourist. I need some assistance for planning my local sight seeing. Any help will be appreciated.

1. How far is Hotel Tourist from the HPTDC bus stop? Can I get a auto or a taxi? How much do they normally charge?

2. Day 1- I am planning to visit the following on the day of my arrival post lunch. Is it feasible to cover these and what is the best way to visit these places? Short walks? Auto(s)? Taxi? If auto and/or taxi are the preferred modes, how much will they charge?

Hidimba Temple

Manu Temple

Vashishta Hot Sulpher Springs

Jogni Waterfalls

Old Manali

3. Day 2 - I plan to visit Nehru Kund, Kothi and Gulaba. I assume Rohtang will be closed during this period right? Can I accommodate Solang Valley and/or Rahala the same day or should I cover Solang Valley/Rahala/Beas Kund on third day? What will be the best way to visit these places? Taxi? How much will he charge? Also, how good are the HPTDC tours of Manali-Kothi-Rahla Fall- Rohtangpass & Manali-Nagar-Solang. Do they stop in between to cover places like Nehru Kund and Gulaba?

4. I have two more days (including the day of departure - evening) in Manali and need to plan for the same based on the answers to above questions. The other places I am considering are Kullu and Beas Kund. Are they worth the visit?

Looking forward for the help from the destination experts and frequent visitors.

Thanks!

Priyank

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Is It safe to travel and will we able to enjoy?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

No one can prdict, tomorrow might be sunny again. However, there are full of tourists in Manali now.

AshisRoy

Edited: 05 March 2012, 03:21
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Hi Ashish raining heavily in Manali, please suggest what to do?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

There is no rain. Manali has sunny morning today. Temperature is around 10-11 degC.

AshisRoy

Edited: 06 March 2012, 00:42
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Gudmorning Ashish,

We are ready to move today, howz the weather in Manali????

where can we do paragliding, zorbing etc????????

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Good morning harprabh,

Today is sunny in Manali. There was rain last evening. You can do paragliding, skiing etc in Solang Valley. Have a nice trip.

AshisRoy

Edited: 07 March 2012, 00:31
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Thankz a lot for your valuable advices

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Happy Holi Ashish

Is Rahala and Gulaba closed? I am going to solang valley, anything else I can cover alongwith

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Happy Holi

Gulaba might be closed if there is snow blockage. However, you can get all the snow activities in Solang. There is nothing to loose if Gulaba/Rahala is closed.

AshisRoy

Edited: 08 March 2012, 01:24
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Manali | 25th Feb - 28th Feb

Its snowing like anything in Solang valley