We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ooty @ May

Guruvayur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Ooty @ May

How is Ooty at May?

Can you please suggest the good hotel to stay?

I am planning my Honeymoon to Ooty.

Please advice

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Ooty @ May

Hi suhailisa,

Ooty at May month will be its peak season, flower shows will be an added attaction. You can stay at sterling lake resort decent hotel. Or Iggi resorts at theetukal, located outer area from congested town. You will have privacy, calm etc.,

I have stayed at Iggi resort, excellent location food served there is tasty and hygienic.

with regards,

Alen_10

Edited: 03 January 2012, 10:31
Guruvayur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ooty @ May

I searched in the internet to find the Contact number of Iggi resort. But unfortunately I cant find the website also.

Please provide the contact number.

Also I had seen the reviews of sterling lake resort was very bad. Are you so sure that the hotel is same.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Ooty @ May

Hi suhailsha,

Iggi does not have website you can contact them at

The Resort Manager Iggi Resorts International Block No.31/1 Theetukkal Fernhill Road ootty -4 Ph: - 0423-2443251,9843124007,9843057111.

Actually I have stayed at Iggi ooty, but not at sterling ooty, But I mentioned about sterling also based on their presence through India and they have been in the business for the past 25 years and they have RCI affiliation also. I thought it would be nice hotel. really no idea about bad reveiews about them. Recently I had stayed at Sterling at Munnar, They have similar type of resorts across India

with regards,

Alen_10

Edited: 04 January 2012, 11:41
8 posts
4. Re: Ooty @ May

I have stayed at sterling fern hill,ooty and since I am a member there , I stayed at there cottages and let me tell you tht it's fabulous..They have renovated there cottages and it's pretty good.Mind u ,these are the cottages for members.You have to check with them to c if they rent it out like rooms.

Regards.

Syed

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Ooty @ May

Syed,

I too stayed at the sterling resort, though not in the cottages, and it was BEAUTIFUL! This was about 4 years back but I still have such lovely memories of the resort and of Ooty!

Suhailsha,

Ooty is a fabulous place for honeymoon and I am thinking May should be a very good time to be there! Have fun!

8 posts
6. Re: Ooty @ May

Yes,Sterling fernhill is a good place for honeymoon.It's away from the city a bit,so no problem for privacy.

In fact,me planning a trip there this march with family..

Regards

Syed

Coimbatore
Level Contributor
21 posts
7. Re: Ooty @ May

Even I am in coimbatore , I can suggest Sterling fernhill property is excellent one and its located with beautiful greenary, choose that relax , For cab service I could recoment tamilcabs in ooty, www.tamilcabsm.com

8. Re: Ooty @ May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)