We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor

Ulhasnagar, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor

I want to visit Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor in November first week and travelling by Train from Mumbai. Please help me in following questions:-

1) Which is nearest station I should get dropped

2) Help me with travel iternary

3) I want to also have ride for Ooty Mountain Railway with my kid

4) Budgeted Hotels

5) Are there good places to visit Bangalore or can go directly to Mysuru

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor

hi

From Mumbai arrive Bangalore, it depends on your interest to roam around Bangalore or proceed to mysore.

Mysore-2 days and proceed to Ooty by bus or taxi..Ooty 2 days and in sigtseeing cover connoor also next day...from Coonoor avail toy train to Mettupalayam, and take a can to Kodaikanal and halt

Kodaikanal two days and proceed to Madurai for return train

For hotels visit each destination Hotels section and find as per your requirements

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor

You could also consider arriving into Coimbatore and traveling to Ooty,Coonoor and on to Mysore via Bandipur.Train to Madurai but get off at Kodaikanal Road.Taxi to Kodaikanal. and return for train to Mumbai from Madurai.

3. Re: Travelling to Bangalore, Mysuru, Ooty Kodaikanal and Coonor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2017, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)