We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

We're going to Bali in December. Last time stayed in Legian, this time have friends staying in Kuta, and thought it would be nice for a different set of shops/restaurants etc than last time. We don't really want to stay at their hotel - the Aneka, as to me it seems too much money for a very average hotel. We want to be right by shops and eateries, but in a quiet setting - back from the road a bit - not concerned about being near the beach, we want a really nice pool and spa area, a decent bar and restaurant, and clean comfortable rooms with a balcony or courtyard and newish big beds (like not 20 years old). Our maximum budget is AU$60/night - has anyone stayed in a really decent hotel recently they could recommend? I have read SO MANY reviews and everyones standard is different, so they are just confusing me - I woulde love a personal recommmendation - thanks.

Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Your room requirements indicate Poppies might suit, but their price is above $60 - not much above so you might like to check it out.

Cronulla, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Kuta lagoon Resort is centrally located right in the middle of shops,Minni markets,money changers,Restaurants and bars,and it is set back off the main road away from any traffic noise there are also villas,some with pool and some without, they have a shuttle bus,and a karaoke bar

The hotel is not large and consists of a 2 storey building ,the ground floor has direct pool access rooms,If we could not stay in one of these we would not stay at this hotel for this is in our opinion the highlight of this hotel to be able to come back after a day of shopping and step from your verandah into the pool is wonderful, there are only 22 of these rooms so it is essential to book early there is also a swim up bar,happy hour starts at 4pm,and the pool is open from 8am till 10pm

The breakfast is a smokes board, simple and nothing fancy,but the food is fresh and adequate,there is a restaurant and room service,we were not impressed with the food from either,and apart from breakfast we ate elsewhere outside, plenty of places to choose from

We love this hotel and stay twice a year here,like all hotels it has good and bad points

The pool Rooms,the central position, of the hotel,the cleanliness of the rooms and pool and the lovely helpful staff far weigh out the smaller not so good points,

It is very slippery when getting out of the pool onto your verandah they have now put a small mat down and this does help,bath towels are very small,we used the larger towels provided for the pool instead,

and last week when we were there they have supplied a peculator thing, to make coffee and if anyone can use this good luck to them,it was easier to ask for a jug of hot water each morning

The water pressure was not very strong in the shower August we decided was not the best time to go as the pool was in the shade most of the day.

I would recommend Kuta Lagoon Resort to anyone,it is a 3star hotel and well within your budget,

have a wonderful holiday

Trisha

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

thanks for your suggestions. I've checked them both out and they are too expensive for us - Kuta Lagoon Resort was $105 a night for pool access, and $70-ish for standard. Poppies I could only find through their website and their rates were AU$88 a night. Our maximum really is AU$60, and I'd prefer to spend less! Do you know of any sites which offer lower rates thyan these? I am looking at Dewi Sri Hotel - has anyone stayed there? I can get it for AU$41/night.

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Hi there Poppies dont have standard rooms infact they are not rooms they are individual freestanding cottages that are more like villa accommodation. They have private balcony and gardent to each cottage and the pool would have to be one of the most beautiful in Bali. The bed is more comfortable then my $3000 mattress I bought here last year. If you can stretch your budget another $20 you will be very very happy. Poppies is fantastic value for money. You are getting $300 a night accommodation for less then $100.

Bandung
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

i suggest you to go to Suji Bungalow..Located in the heart of Kuta, 300 metres / 10 minutes walk to the west is the beach and 200 metres / 10 minutes to walk to the East is the Legian street where shopping / entertainment area..

the rate is below AUD 60 near beach and shopping area..

Shanghai
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

What about The rani or Febi's?

I am suffered from choosing resort right now!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

thanks for your advice :)

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Thats alot to ask as hotel costs have gone up so much.....

I am going to suggest Dewi Sri though, have not stayed but have looked through and a friend has stayed.Bar prices are not that cheap though.

Also take a look at Samsara....I think thats in your price range. Not very old so beds would surely be to standard.Again I have not stayed but have looked through and friends love it.

singapore
Level Contributor
157 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

Try Kumala Pandai. Only about 50 sin dollars. Comfortable and nice.

each time we are in Bali this is the hotel we stay enroute to Tumbalen for diving or to Lombok and the Gili Islands. NO frills but enough to get you through

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me find a good Kuta hotel...

The Rani is now over $100 per night but try the Febris or their sister hotel The Green Garden. These are both within your budget, clean and tidy and within walking distance to Matahari's, Galleria etc.