We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
557 posts
61 reviews
Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

I know I asked similar question some time ago...Still undecided.

I know both properties are pretty good, and the cost is very similar. I understand that it boils down to the area. Below are a few questions:

- which hotel has a better beach?

- which are is better suited for the 1st timer on Bali (1st timer is very well traveled).

Many thanks.

18 replies to this topic
Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

I like the position of the Griya. The position on the beach is clean and well groomed. On the street nearby are most of my favourite restaurants - 3 Monkeys,Mona Lisa,Art Café,Rib,Porch etc. A 5 min walk to the left to Square One and Bread Basket for lunch opposite Popular supermarket. On the beach to the right is Neyalan. Not too far to walk to the beach markets -Sindhu and Baruna. Safe feeling area to walk around in.

We walked past and also through the Puri in August and noticed that the little things are not being taken care of. Moss and mould growing all along the edge of the beach restaurant. Clear plastic screens were filthy. A tired feeling with unkempt path at the southern end of the path and rubbish strewn around. At that price I would expect better attention to detail. The beachside places to eat in the vicinity would not appeal to a lot of people. If the prices are similar I would go for the Griya

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

Have stayed at both but I prefer the Griya because it is smaller and I like the location. Sure others will have an opinion.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
671 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

We've stayed multiple times at the Puri and the Griya and would happily stay at either again, however we prefer the Puri and have stayed there the most.

More recently we prefer the southern end of Sanur, it just feels more relaxed to us yet there's still lots of great restaurants and bars near the Puri. In fact in recent years many new restaurants and bars that have opened in the southern end of Sanur are particularly good. eg Canang, Dusk Blue, Soul in a Bowl, The Fire Station etc. If we want to go to the Sindu Beach Markets or a restaurant closer to where the Griya is we just catch a taxi. Also, the Popular supermarket in the south is very good.

We love the club rooms and especially the club pools at the Puri - it's a beautiful area to relax in and there's no children under 12 allowed. The club room is nice but I would go for a club room due to the club pool area alone anyway.

The Puri Santrian has a great beachfront - I prefer it to the Griya. Either hotel would be great for a first visit to Bali. If you want to be in a busier section of Sanur - choose the Griya. If you want to be in a quieter section but still with lots of bars and restaurants nearby, choose the Puri.

4. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2018, 12:54

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
557 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

Thanks all. My wife is gravitating more towards Puri as the beach ("floating stations" in the sea) look better to her.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

Think The Griya is in a better postion and a smaller hotel, stayed here twice and prefer it to the Puri Santrian.

Also more restaurants near the Griya and the beach is cleaner.Enjoy wherever you stay.We are staying at Pondok Ayu in Sanur in November our 3rd time

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

On location, I would opt for Griya.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

I'm trying to decide between these two resorts too. Such a hard choice.

Rotherham, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
9. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

We stayed at Puri .

We liked the hotel, rooms were a bit dated but pool and beach were beautiful.

We travelled to the area around the Griya most nights by taxi. 5 mins tops so either is fine really.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question

I would go for the Griya. It is in a better location and a nicer hotel.

Reply to: Puri Santrian or Griya Santrian...That is the question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted