We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Hi all

I posted a while ago looking for family friendly hotels and villas in Sanur. I got a few great replies but a lot were focused on Villas, which originally I was keen on but after having a think about it realised a villa with a private pool will definitely NOT be suitable!

We'll have by then (Feb 2013) a 2 1/2 year old son (who is into everything and I'm sure by then will be able to open doors!) and a 10 month old (boy or girl? we'll find out in a couple of months!) who if anything like their older brother will be walking and into everything as well sooo..

A pool villa is out of the question...

AND adjoining hotel rooms are not suitable due to the young ages of the kids.

I guess what we're after is a medium (or slightly higher ~$100) priced hotel that either allows 2 kids (most allow 1), that possibly has a separate bedroom/lounge area.

Being right on the beach would be lovely but not a need...we've both stayed in Kuta/Legian/Seminyak areas many many times away from the beach (cos TBH Bali beaches do not compare to Aussie ones anyway!!).

Its really hard to get a good idea with what hotels offer for 2 young kids by just looking on websites (and I've been looking at a LOT!). Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, past great experiences?

Cheers in advance :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

HI Walleyworld,

Just a little confused when you say you dont want adjoining rooms as the kids are a little young but your possibly looking at something with a seperate bedroom or lounge area.

We stayed at Kumala Pantai in Legian and had interconnecting rooms with our kids - the door between the 2 rooms open up so exactly like a seperate living area. Cost was approx $159 per night for the 2 rooms. Not sure if this is above your budget.

Sue

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Hi Sue, I guess I mean not separate hotel rooms ie not interconnecting. As in the Hyatt where if you have more than one kid you have to look at 2 rooms. My son is into EVERYTHING and I guess will be even more so by the time we go so we'll want to be able to keep an eye on him!

We're happy to all sleep in the same room but would be nice to have a bit more space ie a separate loung room as the 2nd child will still be having day naps. We stayed at Desamuda Villas in Seminyak last year which was 1 bedroom, lounge and kitchen and was prefect BUT has a private pool and we're looking at Sanur for next year.

We would definitely look at a higher price if it was perfect :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Ok. Try having a look at these 2, not sure if they'll suit. Sanur does tend to be a little more upmarket, so you may need to up the dollars a bit. Unless someone else can recommend some hidden gem.

Gazebo Beach Hotel - Approx $100 for a Family Suite

http://www.baligazebo.com/index.html

Sativa Sanur Cottages - Approx $100

http://www.sativahotels.com/sanur/faci.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Awesome Sue, I havent heard of either of those so will check them out :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Bumi Ayu have big rooms with a big verandah,if you go for delux.Its a budget hotel but nice.The grounds are fairly small,which is why i suggest it-easy to keep an eye on toddlers.We just stayed there,and there was a family with young kids staying who found it ok.. I am sure you will find somewhere suitable in Sanur,as there is plenty of choice.Good luck !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
918 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Peneeda View is nice for families...close to where the Bali Hyatt is in Sanur.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Gazebo Beach Hotel as recc by Sue looks great! Anyone else know much about this one? Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites is another one that has been reccomended and apart from distance also looks really good.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
369 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Flashbacks do.bungalows with.an extra bed for $70aud /night. incl continental breakfast, tax and free wifi. small cold pool. central to everything in sanur.

if.you're considering going to ubud alam shanti has indus and Narmada rooms king with extra bed and to-die-for-breakfast! The price is $125usd per night plus 21% tax. a little more than your budget but nice to splurge :) o n their breakfast is divine hehe

Only thing is in ubud the footpaths are terrible.for a stroller!!! We are staying at flashbacks in Sanur next year when we return with our two boys who will be 4&3. Have a great time :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Thanks BrissyBaliGirl, this is why TA is so great, you hear about places you normally wouldnt. I'll definitely look into Flashbacks. Would love to get to Ubud but dont think we will, next time :) My hubby has been to Bali 10 times and only ever stayed around Kuta/Legian so I'm trying to expand his horizons, last time with Seminyak, next time Sanur and then maybe Ubud!

RE; Gazebo Beach Hotel, reviews on here havent looked good, anyone got any other opinions?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Friendly Hotel for YOUNG kids

Go the Hyatt,second room for families is half price.