We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 nights in Ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
137 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
3.5 nights in Ubud

Am I mad for staying 3.5 nights (first nights arrival is late hence the 0.5) in Ubud. I am not a huge beach person and live close to beaches in Costa Rica. I am looking for a more authentic stay ina luxury hotel in the mountains and not beach.

Any ideas?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

Take a look at the Alan Indah group of hotels. We ahve just booked with them.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

I love the Alam group of properties (Alam Indah, Alam Shanti, Alam Jiwa and Kebun Indah), but they would not be classified as luxury. They are beautifully appointed villas, with all the little touches sometimes missed in holiday accommodation, but they would only be classified as 3-4 star. If you are looking for luxury then Komaneka Bisma or The Maya would suit and I am sure you'll get other ideas as well.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

Not mad at all. Ubud is much more to my liking than the beach areas as well. I think you will find plenty to do in and around Ubud in your short visit.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
436 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

Not mad, Ubud is great, I have stayed before ranging from 4 nights to 7 nights.

We can recommend Tegal Sari, Nefatafi Exclusive Villas and Kertiyasa Bungalows. Haven't stayed at the Alam hotels- but they look awesome!

Cheers!

Paul

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

The Alam properties looked good to us. We want a more balinese place, quiet and relaxing.

6. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2012, 11:43
Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

Our Indonesian friends told us that Ubud is the best place to stay if you want to experience the culture of Bali, especially if you are not a 'beachy' person.

8. Re: 3.5 nights in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 05:26