We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-7 May visiting Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4-7 May visiting Bandung

We plan to visit Bandung from 4-7 May. My concern would be the traffic during this time as I understand it is also the Vesak holidays during the weekend.

1) Would it be best to book a hotel near the airport to avoid traffic jams?

2) We saw that Ameroossa is quite a nice hotel but 25mins from the airport. Will we face traffic jam as we are departing on the 7 May (Monday).

3) When would be best date to visit Tangkuban prahu to avoid the traffic jams in the city.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

1/ <<My concern would be the traffic during this time as I understand it is also the Vesak holidays during the weekend. >>

Your concern is VERY WELL justified. It`s always a mistake to plan vacation during festive season in Indonesia, MILLIONS will travel/ eat/ rest/ do sights/ occupy hotel etc ALONGSIDE with you.

2/ <<Would it be best to book a hotel near the airport to avoid traffic jams? >>

BDO is within city perimeter, book a hotel that appeals to you the most and has positive feedback on TA.

3/ <<We saw that Ameroossa is quite a nice hotel but 25mins from the airport. Will we face traffic jam as we are departing on the 7 May (Monday).>>

What`s your departure flight timing????

4/ <<When would be best date to visit Tangkuban prahu to avoid the traffic jams in the city.>>

To avoid traffic jams and crowds on sight during FESTIVE season, you have to cancel your trip and stay at home. Crowds and jams are GUARANTEED.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

1) I don't think that this will be a viable time to reach Bandung.. due to public holidays.. Unless you don't mind....

2) you can visit Tangkuban Perahu at any day during the holidays.. Just go earlier than everyone else.. let's say 7.30AM.. Just look at the main crater and don't go to the crater below due to scams..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

I couldn't stop myself smiling when I saw your reply Schonefeld :)

My flight is departing at 4pm on Monday 7 May.

I'm kind of new to those acronyms - what is BDO?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

Thank you Stefzzz for your suggestion. Will consider doing that since there will be jams. Planning to go on Saturday.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

1/ BDO is Bandung airport IATA code.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Husein_Sastranegara_Inte…

BDG is abbreviation of the Bandung city we use on TA>

2/ <<I couldn't stop myself smiling when I saw>>

YES, i`m extremely cheerful and radiating especially today. Glad if i brought a smile to your face too.

3/ Have in mind 45 min for travel time to the airport, that will be enough in any scenario.............

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

BDO - airport code for Bandung International Airport.

Bandung airport is relatively near to the city, Hence you can find any hotel in the city center, depending on your needs: nearby shopping area such as FOs, nearby Trans Studio theme park Bandung, etc...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

Thanks Schonefeld.

3/ Have in mind 45 min for travel time to the airport, that will be enough in any scenario.............

Will consider the timing when leaving for the airport.

I have booked my rooms at Ameroossa since the review in TA is quite good. Just hope it won't be too stuck in the jam on the way to the airport.

I will write back after my first trip to Bandung. Thanks all for sharing the tips.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

julianne_2011,

You`re most welcome.

And Amaroosa is a VERY nice choice.

Travel safely!

9. Re: 4-7 May visiting Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:42