We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incheon Airport to Busan City Centre

singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Incheon Airport to Busan City Centre

End August, my wife and I plan to take a morning KTX direct to Busan City Centre, stay 2 nights and then travel to Seoul City for 5 nights stay before returning to Incheon Airport to catch flight home. As this is the first time, we are not familar with the system. Can anyone kindly give us some advise.

Thanks/Andrew

2 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
274 reviews
1. Re: Incheon Airport to Busan City Centre

Good, glad you ask! There is NO repeat NO train direct from Incheon to Busan.

You can take AREX train into Seoul and then buy a ticket on KTX to Busan.

New York City, New...
5 posts
2. Re: Incheon Airport to Busan City Centre

Sorry, this is my understanding of your plan.

ICN -> Busan

Busan for 2 days

Busan -> Seoul

Seoul for 5 days

Seoul -> ICN

ICN -> Busan

You'd have to take the AREX, the subway, or an airport limousine from ICN to Seoul Station.

Then, at Seoul Station, you can take the KTX to Busan.

Busan -> Seoul

You can take the KTX or an express bus from Busan back to Seoul.

Seoul -> ICN

To get back to the airport from Seoul, you will need to retrace your steps. You can take the airport train from Seoul Station or Hongdae Station quite easily (I assume you'd be around there...there are other stations, but you should consult the internet for up-to-date information).

Alternatively, you can also take an airport limousine. It's only slightly more expensive than the train, but it's so much more convenient if you have large luggage.

Depending on your travel plans, you may want to consider buying a KTX pass (unlimited) for the week. You should do the calculations to see if it saves you money, but my bf and I bought it for our daytrip from Seoul to Busan and back. We used this service: https://bit.ly/2vkHnNK. It saves us about $30USD per person.

Depending on when your trip is, you may want to book a ticket ahead of time to ensure you have reserved seats.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 13:39
Reply to: Incheon Airport to Busan City Centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted