We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
126 reviews
Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

Any recommendations for restaurants with either English or Hanja(Chinese signs) or Kanji signs?

or near where international cruiseships docks.

Is this one recommended by Japanese tourists near the fish market?

釜山捕盗庁 I fear that this is supposedly on the West side of Busan?

thanks

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
1. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

I recommend you try seafood since you will be visiting the fish market. The set up of Jagalch Market Hoe (raw fish, sashimi) Center, is very simple you can get by speaking very little Korean. On the first floor, you can pick fish and other seafood, then you go up to the second floor or above where they will prepare the foods. Usually they will fillet out fish to raw slices and spicy stew (mae-won-tang)

See info …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SH/SH_EN_7_2.jsp…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

Thanks.

I noticed that in the restaurant the patrons leave their shoes off and sit Korean style to eat. A good sign that it is not only catered for foreigners.

It has been a long time since I tried a single-lotus or double lotus position,are there any eastern or western style tables with ordinary chairs?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
126 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

returned 2 wks ago.

We did not buy the fish on the first floor,and observed most Koreans just ordered the fish at the stalls upstairs.We chose one with oceanview and fish tanks.

Ate a sashimi(korean style garlic and chilli pepper) set dinner there for 40,000 wons= less than $40 US total for 3 persons.

At both ends of the second floor there are tables and chairs,but most locals sat down on an elevated floor to eat.So we followed the local customs and surprisingly,it 's not too hard although I did not sit in a single lotus position though.

Edited: 06 April 2011, 21:24
New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
4. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

Thanks for report. I am sure the quality of fish was fresh even if you didn't pick it by yourself =) I am glad to hear you had good time.

BTW, Korean word for raw fish is "Hoe". Sashimi is Japanese word.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
404 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

Is it possible to find cheap meals in this area?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
6. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

The market has some street food carts and stalls of Pojangmacha, tented outdoor restaurant that sells cheap snack and meals. You will have to shell out more if you want to get fresh seafood though. See …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/…

7. Re: Restaurants near Jalgalchi Ajumma fish market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:17