We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Which Busan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
13 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Hi

Me and my friends will arrive in Gimhae International Airport (Busan) at 10:15 in the evening. We're planning to go to Seoul immediately upon arrival.

From the Gimhae International Airport, what do we need to ride for us to reach Seoul.

How much we will pay for our transportation from busan to seoul?

Is KTX still available at that time? if no, Is there any alternative to reach seoul?

Thanks so much!

56 replies to this topic
Cheonan, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

The last KTX for Seoul departs from Busan at 22:30.

Go to Busan Express bus terminal and take a express bus for Seoul, The bus run until 02:00AM, every 30min, 37,600Won and around 4~4hr 20min ride.

You can go to Gimhae bus terminal and take a bus for Seoul. the mid-night bus departs at 00:10, 01:00, and 36,900Won, around 4~4hr 40min ride.

Manila, Philippines
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Hi JJkorea!

Thanks for the help. :-)

Can i ask few more questions? i check the internet and found out that there is already a light train in Gimhae International Airport connecting to Line 2.

The internet says we can take the light train from the airport to sasang station then proceed to gupo station then from there, we can ride several trains going to Seoul, will you recommend it? or it is more convenient to ride a bus instead?

Thank you so much! i hope i'm not asking too much! :)

Cheonan, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

There's only on train, not KTX, after your arrival time, departs at 23:24, arrive at 04:29 in Seoul, around 5 hr ride, and 26,400Won. Actually there's also another bus terminal at Sasang station but no bus to Seoul after your arrival time.

Edited: 19 March 2013, 09:05
Manila, Philippines
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Thank you so much for the help :-)

Maybe we'll take the train.

Is the train you're referring to (not the KTX) which departs at 23:24 also pass at Gupo Station?

or it's more safe to go to Busan Station to take the ride?

I'm thinking if we should go for busan station rather than at gupo station so that in case we miss the last schedule of train going to seoul, we may take the bus instead.

It is our first time to visit korea. :)

Many Thanks!

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Hello

We're going to Seoul, from Busan. We know that its best to take the KTX, but which station should we go to, from our hotel - the Toyoko Inn. Is there a nearest station from that hotel where we can walk?

Hope someone could help us.

Thank you in advance

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Toyoko inn owns 4 branches in Busan, 2 of them are near Busan station. KTX station.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/index.html

Edited: 26 March 2013, 02:55
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Hi, how long is the travel time from busan to seoul via ktx? How much it cost? Are the tickets can be purchased at gimhae airport? Thanks.

Also, is there a ktx station at the airport or do we need to go to the city? Thanks again

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Welcome to TA forum, anjho.

From Busan to Seoul or vice versa by KTX will take approx. 3 hours.

For more info about train timetable and fares:

http://info.korail.com/2007/eng/eng_index.jsp

There is no KTX station at the airport. You'll need to go Seoul Station to catch KTX.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,948 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Just to clarify: Gimhae airport in Busan also has no KTX station. You need to take subway or limo bus to Busan station for a KTX train, and tickets are not available at Gimhae airport)

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling from Busan to Seoul

Hi, thanks for the responds. It was very helpful.

Reply to: Travelling from Busan to Seoul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted