We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Which Taoyuan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
George Town...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

I would like to know how to go to Sun Moon Lake ("SML") from Taichung city. I will be visiting the place soon and would like to know what is the best transport to SML. I would also like to know how far is SML from Taichung city and what will be the traveling time with the best mean of transport.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

These threads have some information on public transport from Taichung city to Sun Moon Lake: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297910-i12704-k30…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k183…

George Town...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Thank you Taiwan DIY.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Hi, I jus traveled from SML to Taichung.

If u take cab, it's an hr journey.

U can take the 南投客运。directly from tai Chung hsr to puli then from puli to sun moon lake. Shd take abt 2hrs.

hope these info help

U gg cingjing? :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Hi, I jus traveled from SML to Taichung.

If u take cab, it's an hr journey.

U can take the 南投客运。directly from tai Chung hsr to puli then from puli to sun moon lake. Shd take abt 2hrs.

hope these info help

U gg cingjing? :)

Manila
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

Hi TaiwanDIY and nocturnalette! Does the bus accept big luggage? Also from Taichung to SML via Puli, do I have to transfer to another bus at Puli for the trip to SML or is it a direct bus from Taichung?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

There are Nantou buses departing Taichung city direct to Sun Moon Lake with a brief stop at Puli along the way. Please see post #1 of this thread.

Nantou buses are not truly luggage friendly, in my opinion. But you should be able to find some space in the bus to put your luggage and not obstruct the aisle.

Manila
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

I see. So this is an ordinary bus? Does it have storage for luggage under the bus?

Manila
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

I see. So this is an ordinary bus? Does it have storage for luggage under the bus?

9. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 10:35
10. Re: how to go to Sun moon lake from Taichung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Taoyuan