We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Chiang Rai Hotel to green bus station

Oregon
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Transportation from Chiang Rai Hotel to green bus station

My friend and I are needing transportation from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai. I have read all about the green bus which is inexpensive and comfortable but we will have all of our luggage and wondering what mode of transportation we would need to use to get from our hotel (The Riverie by Katathani Chiang Rai) i to the green bus station which is a distance from our hotel. A tuk tuk won't work with all our luggage. I read about the songthaew but it appears that only goes from one bus station to the other. If not the bus what transportation is recommended. I have read that private drivers are about 3000 Baht or more. I think there might be group transportation as well. Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
6,019 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Transportation from Chiang Rai Hotel to green bus station

Hi

How much luggage do you have? . How did you plan to get to the hotel in the first place.?

tuk tuks can handle more luggage than songteau. There are taxi's and the hotel should be able to arrange transport. or might even have their own van.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Chiang Rai Hotel to green bus station

A posh resort like that will definitely be able to call a taxi for you, or have their own car/driver service. Will likely cost a bit more than your bus ticket, but not 3000 baht, which would be more like a private car all the way to Chiang Mai. P.S. only 8 km to the Green Bus terminal, but allow time for sitting at the numerous traffic lights in between.

Reply to: Transportation from Chiang Rai Hotel to green bus station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted