We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

There are many reviews for the Limak Limra complaining of having paid extra for a sea view or room in the main building but were given rooms in the 'Limra Park' annexe across the road or in the low-rise 'Garden' block in the main complex but farthest from the sea. I think I know why.

Thomas Cook International AG acts as one of the intermediaries for numerous retail booking agents. They offer a full range of room categories and provide the descriptions to the agents. For 2-person occupancy for example, in price order, the available room categories are described:

"Double or Twin - Annex",

"Double or Twin - Garden View",

"Double or Twin - Side Sea View" and finally,

"Double or Twin".

It is the exactly same for "Single" and "Family Room" occupancies too. Those paying for the most expensive option are therefore, by implication, expecting full sea-view rooms, which are all at the front of the main building.

Because the reservation both on the computer and on the accommodation voucher merely states, "Double or Twin", "Single" or "Family Room" the hotel incorrectly assumes that these reservations are 'run of the house' - meaning they can be allocated anywhere that suits the hotel. These guests rightly complain when they are given the worst rooms in the hotel. The hotel staff - who must now have heard this hundreds of times before - tell them that their room category is all they paid for!!!!

Only a fraction of those affected will turn to TripAdvisor to vent their frustration with a less than positive review. Many simply will never return.

We are a party of 7 people arriving on 25th October and are affected by this very issue. I contacted the hotel to let them know out of courtesy that we would be arriving late, ask to be given rooms near to each other (simply assuming they would be full sea-view rooms) and ensure that they had a record that one of our party requires a disabled room. We were shocked beyond belief to be told 4 of us had been allocated Park annex rooms, 3 to 'garden view' rooms half a mile away and that they had no record of the disabled room request!

I have taken it up with the hotel and hopefully it will be resolved. I will post any outcome here.

In the meantime for others thinking of booking a sea-view room, choose the explicit (and less-pricey) “Side Sea View" category until this error is corrected.

Mentioned in this post
Limak Limra Hotel & Resort
Limak Limra Hotel...
2,794 Reviews
Kemer, Turkey
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Barut Lara
Barut Lara
#1 of 237 hotels in Antalya
Liberty Hotels Lara
Liberty Hotels Lara
#2 of 237 hotels in Antalya
Royal Wings Hotel
Royal Wings Hotel
#4 of 237 hotels in Antalya
5 replies to this topic
Felixstowe
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

I have booked this hotel and have noticed it says annexe rooms. I now don't want to go. Booked with love holidays ... gutted

ESSEX ENGLAND
Level Contributor
88 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

Tim is so right we too where caught out although we didn't book the cheapest rooms we still got garden rooms not good with a wheelchair user and frail 86 year old ,hotel didn't want to no it seemed a lottery with there room allocation ,they need a better room description so folk get what they have paid for.lyn

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
636 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

I am very wary of room descriptions used by TC, Tui & other tour operators after going to Porto Santo with Tui & booking a suite. Looking at the hotels site the suites were corner rooms & looked lovely. On arrival we were shown to a one bed dingy apartment at the back of the resort. Reception seemed to be used to receiving complaints about this & moved us to a sea view room (suites were fully booked). Tui weren't remotely interested in our complaint so when booking through a TO always look for a clear description of the room you book, one that can't be misinterpreted to trick you out of what you thought you had booked.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

Hi, I've booked a double sea side room for family of 4, where do you think this might be please? Praying not in the annex!! Thanks in advance x

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!

No, there is no sea view from the so-called 'annexe'. "Sea-side" implies one of the buildings in the grounds near the pool. The main building rooms are described as side sea view or full sea view, not "sea side". It should be OK but a bit of a walk to the main restaurant and further to reception.

You should ask whoever you booked with for the hotel's category of room. I doubt they will be capable of telling you but you should ask.

T.

Edited: 21 June 2018, 15:10
Reply to: Limak Limra - room category anomaly - BEWARE of best rooms!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted