We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach walking!!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach walking!!!

Hi, we are going to Barut Lara for 2 weeks beginning of May, we like to go for walks along the beach but looking on google maps it looks like a river going into the sea is there any way we can get past this - would like to see other hotels on strip.

Also mozzies - been to Icmeler/Oludeniz numerous times and have been badly bitten, will it be same in Lara? any recommendations of what sprays are best!!!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Barut Lara
Barut Lara
4,008 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
485 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,998 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: beach walking!!!

Hi Mr Trotter

It was not really full of rubble a few weeks ago and the beach where there are no hotels was not really littered like it has been previously.

Boggie don't panic all the hotels beaches are kept manicured and rubbish free and the beach is fine where your staying.No views of rubble, it is near the Delphin Diva that seems to have a problem.

I did say to my husband I am not sure why the locals would leave their litter on the public parts of the beach though.

england
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: beach walking!!!

I didnt mean to be unkind to the hotels themselves - I agree they are all beautifully kept and their own sections of the beach are immaculately groomed. But I do think the Authorities could do more to tidy up some of the open spaces and roadside/ river eyesores.

13. Re: beach walking!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 05:36