We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Barut Lara

Hi

I shall be stopping at the Barut Lara next week, couple of questions if people can help?

taking my iPad, are there pcs I can connect it to with iTunes on?

Internet-is there still free wifi available or is it metered

what restaurants are open

temp of indoor pool?

cheers

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Barut Lara

Hi

I am afraid that the internet is now chargeable which was a surprise for us after having it free on the past 5 visits.

Restaurants which will be open are Akdeniz International and the fine dining fish Restaurant but as soon as weather gets warmer they do open the Turunc which I am hoping will be the case when we go on the 31st March.

The beach restaurant will probably be open for lunch as well as the buffet Restaurant.

Oxon
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Barut Lara

How much do they charge for internet now, or how is it charged?

As you say, it was free in the last two years.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Barut Lara

Hi Peggedy

I did have a price list that the Guest service sent me but seem to have deleted it, I am not sure how it works but will let you know!

I am not taking the laptop with me because of the charges unless my son thinks he needs it for Uni work !

It has always been free, they brought the charges in from last November.

It is still free for Junior Suite Guests !

england
Level Contributor
234 posts
4. Re: Barut Lara

You have to buy the time on screen by the hour whether you are using the wired connection in the room, or wifi in the public areas, and it is charged to your room. We found it extremely annoying to use, and it has put us off returning to the Barut, although it is still a very good hotel in most respects. We were told when we were there in January that the internet was only free in the Presidential suite, but I know that they have upset a lot of regular guests with this charge so they may have backed down a bit. Another a la carte that is open at lunchtime all year round weather permitting as far as I know is the Kuyu restaurant in the gardens.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Barut Lara

Thanks

is the indoor pool warm enough to swim in at the moment?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
133 reviews
6. Re: Barut Lara

Yes the indoor pool is heated at this time of year and partly goes outside and another outside pool has the chill taken off it.

How long are you going for?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Barut Lara

we go Sunday for a week

Oxon
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Barut Lara

Thanks Toady and Mr Trotter. I am disappointed to hear about this charge, it was one of the things that made the hotel a luxury. Hope it is not the only thing dropping in standard!!

You say it is charged by the hour, so if you only go on for, say, 15 mins, do you get charged for the hour or the actual time? Do you know how much they charge?

Just asking because got caught out in another hotel, paid a lot for very poor connection.

London
Level Contributor
261 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Barut Lara

Got to say I'm a bit shocked to read this. So there's nowhere in the hotel that you can use Wii Fi without being charged? I really would have thought free Wii Fi somewhere in the hotel eg lobby would be a basic for a five star hotel. I've been reading some not so great reviews of the hotel recently especially about the food on the internet (not just on TA) and I'm a bit concerned about my choice for our family holiday in August.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Barut Lara

Thanks guys. We go next Tuesday and I rely on wi-fi at least twice a day. Will you please report situation, Colin? Thanks.

Also had high hopes of great food. As a foodie, I'll report as I find.

Marion