We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

johannesburg
Level Contributor
404 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

Coming there in august. Im worried that it is a pebbled beach and not a sandy beach. Will the pebbles poke me in the water? :) is konyaalti the heart of the city. Im staying at the corner park hotel. Will i be able to cross the road easily to go to the beach? Is the biggest mall in antalya within walking distance? Does the beachfront have a paved walkway? Any other tips or advice?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

to answer some of your questions;

Will the pebbles poke me in the water? :) no but you might want to invest in some beach shoes ..actually the water quaility and clarity will be better on Konyaalti beach ...many locals perfer Konyaalti beach over Lara beach

is konyaalti the heart of the city. no..but about 20 minutes by bus to the center of the city.

Will i be able to cross the road easily to go to the beach? yes

Is the biggest mall in antalya within walking distance? the biggest mall now in Antalya is Terra city and you can take a bus there..the nearest mall is MMM Migros..and it is also fairly big

Does the beachfront have a paved walkway? yes

Mentioned in this post
Konyaalti Beach
Konyaalti Beach
837 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
495 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
johannesburg
Level Contributor
404 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

Thanks for answering all my questions.i have a few more :) Any idea what the ocean temperature is in august? I hope the waves will be calm. What are my options to get to corner park hotel from the airport?

Is there a mcdonalds, kfc or pizza hut in konyaalti beach? Is there a cable car ride up the mountain?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

your welcome and I will try to answer more of your questions

Is there a mcdonalds, kfc or pizza hut in konyaalti beach? there is a burger king and macdonalds in the mmm migros shopping center..also there is a pizza pizza..similar to pizza hut

Terry city has a KFC..and all the main food court stuff....also across from the hotel there are small buffets where you can get a drink or snack foods..also you are very close to Mini-city and the Konyaaltı beach park area..restaurants and bars there.

and on another bonus maybe by the time to arrive in antalya the new Aquarium will be open..next door to mini-city

Is there a cable car ride up the mountain? that is outside of antalya past kemer and near tekirova..arrange for a tour to there.

Any idea what the ocean temperature is in august? warm maybe around 27C..but you can also do a search online in google for antalya sea temperatures

I hope the waves will be calm. yes its calm..only winter sees bigger waves.

What are my options to get to corner park hotel from the airport? take a taxi from the aiport..or have them arrange a transfer for you..expect to pay around 60-70 liras for a taxi from the airport to the konyaalti.

4. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2012, 15:39
johannesburg
Level Contributor
404 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

Thanks for the helpfull answers and link. Is there a bus stop in front of corner park hotel to go to antalya city centre? If not then how far is the bus stop? Would this bus also go to the place with the cable car?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

Is there a bus stop in front of corner park hotel to go to antalya city centre?

just walk accross the street at the lights to catch a bus to the city center.

Would this bus also go to the place with the cable car? no..

http://www.tahtali.com/english/

http://www.tahtali.com/english/anfahrt.html

Transfer Service

We have daily transfer service from Beldibi,Göynük,Kemer,Kiriş,Çamyuva and Tekirova.

Transfer service from Kundu & Antalya on Wednesday and Saturday.

We have shuttel service every hour on the main road/security point

Please call our sale offices for transfer reservation!

or take Antalya Tur or bati antalya ( also available Tekirova tur ) public buses

Antalya - Fethiye ( coastal route ) bus schedule and routes

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k31…

Mentioned in this post
Beldibi
Beldibi
Kemer, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Tekirova
Tekirova
Kemer, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
7. Re: first time in turkey. is konyaalti beach fine? plz help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:16