We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulet Cruising

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Gulet Cruising

Hi

There doesn't seem to be a particular forum for gulet cruising, but we're trying one this year, departing Kalkan, up to Olympos and beyond, into Kas at least one night on the return (hurrah, my favourite place) and returning to Kalkan.

If anyone has done this trip and has any tips on what to take, expect to see, look out for, I'd be grateful for any advice. Been to Kas three times and other destinations along the Turquoise coast and enjoyed several one day gulet cruises, but this our first week long trip.

Cheers

South America
Level Contributor
216 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Gulet Cruising

please don{t miss the gulet!! kas is a beautifull lilttle town take there a boat Dilara boat, captain Esser, it sa big gulet but you can rent it for yourself we didi so it was great 3 nights !!!!

don{t miss it the best of my trip realy diffrent in summer much better

London, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Gulet Cruising

Hi there,

We are looking to travel to Istanbul and the Turquoise coast at the end of April/May. I was hoping the sea would be warm enough to swim then but I am not sure? Will the weather be warm? Also we are a family of 4, with 2 small kids. I was considering a day tour on a Gulet. Where is the best day tours from and do we just book when we are there? Any recommendations for a good gulet day tour? Can you do an overnight tour? Will there be any boats going as its so early in the season? At the moment we haven't booked flights, but likely fly into Istanbul for a week then fly down to Antalya or Dalaman. I was thinking we would then stay maybe around Cirali as it seems like a quiet family resort that's kinda out of the way from the main tourist areas. I also like history and archaeology so thought this resort sounded good. But again open to any other quiet off the beaten track family resorts. This is the first time we have been to Turkey so any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

53. Re: Gulet Cruising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 08:01
London, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Gulet Cruising

Thanks captainergun, that's great, I will have a look at that page and shame it will be cold in the water but to be expected I guess. Is there much going on in terms of tourists early May?

55. Re: Gulet Cruising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 08:01
1 post
Save Reply
56. Re: Gulet Cruising

Hi,

Do you have a favorite area (in August) like Croatia, Turkey or Greece or a favorite tour company? What should be the average price for a week long tour?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Gulet Cruising

Hi Charlotte,

How lucky to have cruised on Gulets so often. I feel you will have many tips to share. So I hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions. We are seasoned world travellers and have used Trip Advisers reviews many times awa posting a few myself tho not as many as you.

We have just spent a devine week with Variety Cruises on MS Galileo on their Jewel of the Cyclades Greek isl cruise and as it was our 2nd visit, we have nxt time to return again in June 16 to isl hop via Ferries/backpack style, ending in Rhodes, so we can then take a ferry across to Turkey to either chater a Gulet ourselves with a group of friends 4+ couples....or if it's totally out of our price range, to join a set cruise.... Can you help me for starters with where our starting point should be as we wish to sail the turquoise coast, with the idea to pop in and out of bays for swims snorkeling kayaking...beaching? Like we did on the Galileo, we r not fussed about 5 star or luxury, we love the idea of sleeping on deck under the stars & going casual, like we just have, living in bathers....we r not into booze in a big way, can give ir take! just love simply Turkish/Greek food ...sun sea and aqua water! Bliss ! We not into doing shore excursions, instead we love taking the local bus and enjoying a local village or beach spot/ eartery for supper...or whatever. .....simple gorgeous old Gulet with enuff cabins to take us all and some super special places to stop at along the way & back if possible. We always fly Emirates from Australia into Athens, so we will more than likely ferry back to Athens afterwards to fly home. Would you be so kind as to give me a few ideas of who to use for hiring a Gulet for private charter & places to go/stop at if we were to make up our own itinerary? Someone you have used & who will be reliable! Etc....awa the approx cost so we so as to get an idea . We found all the Turkish & Greek people fantastic on our previous visits. And can't wait to give Gulet cruising a try too. We are retired, swallows (following the sun) travelling Australia indefinitely, so time is not limited... Try to get o/s at least twice a year but not necessarily to take the norm type of holidays ...definitely don't act our age. Our honeymoon was a cruise also, from Cape Town to Beira Mozambique! We,ve been travelling ever since! Once we had kids then with them too. I look forward to your reply.

With thanks, kind regards, Celia & Eygene Barry

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Gulet Cruising

Wow, that was a few years ago that I posted that, lol. We charted a boat called the Julian in Fethiye (3 or 4 years ago) and it was lovely. There are several to choose from if you are there, often with the owners or captains on board waiting to pick up a charter. You can try guletcharter.net, see where that takes you, if you are searching online. I like to walk onto the boat and look before hiring, but easier for me since I live in Fethiye. Good luck.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Gulet Cruising

I'm amazed that my forum post from 2011 is still surfacing! My October 2011 gulet cruise was marred by the worst storm in October that the Captain could recall. We were holed up in The bay of Kekova for four days amidst thunder, lightening, torrential rain and fierce winds - could hardly surface onto the deck most days, and all our meals were taken in the saloon.

However, on day 5 the sun shone - and we had a couple of days of bliss. Too jaded to come back to my post though, I'm sorry, but promised ourselves we'd try again earlier in the season, and we have just had a fantastic week on the Cankaya II with Anatolian Sky. Once again, the weather played a part, and although it was gloriously warm and sunny, the seas were too choppy to reach Kekova this time. However, had a lovely couple of nights moored in Limagnazi Bay instead and took the shuttle boat over to Kas - my favourite Turkish haunt, so no disappointment.

A fantastic holiday, Lovely fellow passengers who were great company and lots of fun, amazing food - typically Turkish and virtually vegetarian, but plenty of it - fantastic swimming, fishing, canoeing, snorkelling for all who wanted it, and every night spent sleeping on the deck under the stars. Superb - can't wait to go again!

Cheers ♥️

Edited: 05 August 2014, 13:04
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Gulet Cruising

Hi poster in No. 57 - check out this lot - Southern Cross Blue Cruising - they are mainly based in Bodrum but come highly recommended and I am sure would look after you very well if you wanted to charter a gulet - or no doubt point you in the right direction if you wanted to find a cabin charter.

oops - forgot the link! http://www.southerncrossbluecruising.com/

Edited: 05 August 2014, 13:09
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations