We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

We are interested in making an overnight trip to Meis (both EU passport holders) this coming weekend. Is this straightforward enough to do? I read on an old forum thread that this was only actually possible if travelling on a Greek owned boat.

Is this true - and if so, are there any Greek boats operating on a daily basis?

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
199 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

You can get there from Kas only with Turkish boats.

You can either hire a private boat or go with a ferry which leaves at 10.00 a.m. and return at 4 p.m.

Best

Cpt. Ergun

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

Make sure you book your accommodation on Meis before travelling.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

Can I ask about Meis please. I have booked my boat with Meis Express and given all the passport details. I have a British passport but my companion is Morrocan. Can he still go to Meis?

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

I don't know the answer to your question, but as you have already booked with Meis Express did you ask them when you supplied your passport details?

If not, I would suggest that you ask them. http://www.meisexpress.com/index.php/contact

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

Thanks. I sent a message, no reply. Not sure if they understand English. I gave nationality and passport. They issued ticket and took payment. Just left wondering now. Would hate to turn up on the day and be told no, as I have booked my accommodation also.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

I am not sure of the validity of this site: …about.com/cs/…greecevisareqs.htm but according to them, Moroccan passport holders don't need a visa to visit Greece.

Hope that this helps.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

Hmm, looks like he does need a shengen short stay visa! I guess it is better to apply now than take that chance. Thanks for your help Andrew.

8. Re: Visiting Meis as overnight trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations