We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

We are returning to Kas after having a fabulous time last summer. I've searched for it on this forum and googled it but I cannot seem to find anyone who rents small boats in Kas. The boat doesn't need to be, just a small boat with a low HP engine to personally explore nearby coves and go swimming for a few hours.

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated, especially if you personally have experience with a particular shop.

Thank you for your time.

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

The local self drive boat hire scene in Kas is virtually impossible.

I suggest you visit the new Dinghy sailing club run as a charity for local school children they have day courses for children and adults

Sailing is the preferred water sport in Kas as they wish to promote Eco friendly Tourism to maintain the unique marine perspective.

As a small cation may I say the currents and heavy seas around the coast here are not really suitable of low powered vessels.

I suggest you use the excellent local gullets on the Old Habour for a days coastal swim picnic and relaxation.

The sailing club is based on the new Marina bay directly across from the main mooring area and has both English and Turkish speaking volunteers to assist in teaching the principles in new training dinghies.

Truly Great fun !!!

James

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

Thank you for your suggestions, James.

Kaş, Türkiye
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

Hi there,

You better to come doun old harbour to ask little boat captains to rent boat for your great times there are plenty boats in old harbour in Kaş

Cap.Osman

4. Re: Where can we rent a small boat for half a day in Kas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations