We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money in Kas

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
changing money in Kas

I've just booked a last minute holiday in Kas leaving the week after next and am wondering about currency. The last time I went to Turkey I took travellers' cheques!

What's the best way to change sterling to lira in Kas please? I have applied for a non euro currency card, if it comes in time. I'm hoping there are some ATMs in the town, is it better to buy lira in the UK?

Thanks

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing money in Kas

There are loads of ATMs and you can change sterling at the post office or one of the several banks.

It us usually better to get lira in Kas although you might want to take a small amount just to cover initial purchases until you find your way around.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing money in Kas

That's great thank you, can I also ask if they accept euros at all? Some shops in Pembrokeshire will take euros as we have a lot of Irish visitors and Kas is a port close to Greece. I was thinking of taking a few anyway for going to Meis.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing money in Kas

It's always a good idea to take euros but only if you are going over to Meis, I keep mine for the duty free in the airport. Sterling is much more likely to be accepted in the stretch of Turkish coastline between Kas and Fethiye. We have changed at the Post Office but some local businesses are happy to exchange or let you pay with a £20 note. ATM's that dispense sterling are a great idea.

PO rates below, less 2% commission, I think it works out about 353 at today's rate but in general much better than in the UK.

https://interaktif.ptt.gov.tr/dkur/sorgu.php

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing money in Kas

Thanks very much, mouse, very helpful

5. Re: changing money in Kas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations