We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Hire to see Simena & Kekova from Ucagiz& Driving Route?

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat Hire to see Simena & Kekova from Ucagiz& Driving Route?

I realize this is the Kas forum but it seems to have the most action. I'm ultimately headed to Kas but coming from Cilari and my questions are below:

Driving Route to Ucagiz from Demre area.

Take the D400 to about Yavu then drive south or

I drive along Kekova Yolu road through Kapakli area?

I figured it would be easier to stay on 400 and only 10 minute difference.

Which route is an easier drive? Is it very scenic along Kevova Yolu road?

I'm traveling with child 4 years old. Instead of a full day long tour from Kas to visit Simena and Kekova. On the way to Kas from Cirali, I was going to stop in Ucagiz.

I planned on having lunch in Ucagiz and line up a small boat tour: Simena & Kekova for a couple hours. Any suggestions?

thanks for your help

Kas Daily Boat Tours with Bermuda
Boat Hire, Private Tours, Boat Tours
Boat Trips by Captain Ergun
Multi-day Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Boat Hire
Dennis Boat - Private or Daily Tours
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Private Tours
Batin Boat Tours
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Water Sports
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Hire to see Simena & Kekova from Ucagiz& Driving Route?

I can't remember the D400 being scenic at this point, just steep, winding and very rocky through the mountains with fields growing rocks rather than crops! The B road down to Cevreli is similar with only a glimpse of the sea. I can't remember the Kapakli road but it's possible it may be more scenic and I am sure it is easier. The other road to Kas is straightforward enough. I don't understand why you say a long full day tour from Kas, it is about 45 minute's drive but lunch in Ucagiz is a good idea. When we stayed there in 2007 it was pretty quiet and we were able to hire a local man to take us out in his small boat for a couple of hours over the ruins and to some little coves for swimming and exploring, he dropped us off in one as we had requested from where we walked to Simena and then back to our pansiyon in the late afternoon (now part of Lycian Way).

When we went back on a day trip from Kas last year we were astounded by how many boats were there, all for day trips. I am sure you would have no problem agreeing on a price to get on one if you wished, it would be a cheaper alternative than hiring one, lunch would be included plus an hour or so to explore Simena, it was back by 5pm having left around 11am and we enjoyed the day.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Hire to see Simena & Kekova from Ucagiz& Driving Route?

The drive from Demre to Üçağız is beautiful, not the first bit but as soon as you leave the main road (D400) it was a lovely and a bit of a winding ride, the biggest "aaaaaah" when you come closer to Kale Üçağız

Not really sure which turn we took, but it was the one where is the road sign, I think that is was via Kapaklı, not a long road anyway from there to Üçağız.

I would recommend to do the boat trip from Üçağız itself. When I did it from Kaş (dear me that was before the millemium!) I was less impressed by Kekova and the boat trip itself was on a very very choppy sea. Descending down from the road the scenic is so much better imho... and Üçağız is still very quiet.

3. Re: Boat Hire to see Simena & Kekova from Ucagiz& Driving Route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations