We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An farm/fish/cooking tour in March 18

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
45 reviews
Hoi An farm/fish/cooking tour in March 18

hi

we are 2 adults and travelling witha 8 year old child. planning to stay 4 nights in Hoi An in a hotel in the old town. But not too sure what to do beyond the 1.5 days wandering in the Ancient town.

We are interested in the rice planting, basket boat tours and cooking classes. Many of the links I saw in tripadvisor shows these as cycling tours. do you have any recommendation on which operator provides these to non cyclists as my child does not know hiw to cycle ?

Alsp, shld i spend one night at Danang beach resort? i heard Danang beach is much prettier than An bang beach.

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Hoi An farm/fish/cooking tour in March 18

My friends went with heaven and earth bike tours and loved them, they have bike seats that attach to the back of an adult bike but I'd be asking them whether your child would still fit (tell them your child's height and weight)

Otherwise you can grab a cab and head to Cam Thanh yourself and do a bamboo boat tour. We rode our bikes to these guys and they were great. Think they charged us 150k per bamboo boat for 30 mins (two people per boat, i don't know if you will fit three on one). Was great fun and they had yummy food too

hoianecococonuttour.com/en/about-us.html?#rs

Otherwise your child is old enough for cooking classes. We ran out of time but there is one called Gioan cooking school that takes kids.

Danang beaches are nicer than An Bang, I don't know if I would bother relocating just to overnight for a beach.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
844 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Hoi An farm/fish/cooking tour in March 18

Hi,

You can hire bikes and ride around exploring the place yourself. Either hire them from your hotel or there are many other places where you can hire them. They will add a seat on the back of an adult bike for your child to sit on. Much easier.

I wouldn't worry about changing accommodation, but would use Hoi An as a base. From there you can visit Marble Mountain, or Ba Na Hill.

Your 8 year old would probably enjoy the basket boat ride, or the boat rides on the river in central Hoi An.

Cheers,

Karen

Reply to: Hoi An farm/fish/cooking tour in March 18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hoi An