We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoiAn to HaLong Bay

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
150 posts
325 reviews
HoiAn to HaLong Bay

I'm flying in and out of DaNang airport and was planning to stay in Hoi An. The problem is that I would really like to do a 2 night cruise on HaLong bay and it seems the boat companies only pick up from Hanoi. Can I get to HaLong Bay by taxi from Hoi An or do I have to fly to Hanoi to be picked up for these tours?

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
881 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: HoiAn to HaLong Bay

You'll need to fly to Ha Noi unless you want a super expensive, 24 hour taxi ride from Hoi An.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,944 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: HoiAn to HaLong Bay

It's 911 kms from Hoi An to Halong City - imagine how much that would cost and how long it would take!

There's a 7.05 am flight from Danang to Haiphong, arriving at 8.40 am. From Haiphong you could go by taxi to Halong City. That would take about an hour so in theory you would have plenty of time to join a cruise, but if the flight was delayed, for example by bad weather, you might arrive too late.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
150 posts
325 reviews
3. Re: HoiAn to HaLong Bay

Oh dear, I didn't do my research very well at all! I think I need to get to Hanoi! I wonder if Vietnam airlines will allow me to change my ticket . . .Thanks so much for your reply.

4. Re: HoiAn to HaLong Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Hoi An
Recent Conversations