We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to Hoi An?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Best time to go to Hoi An?

I have a choice of February, March or April next year and am going to be spending 7 nights there.

I am fair and don't like heat but I'm not going to let it put me off....still, I'd like to go when it's coolest.

I'll also be going to Hanoi and HMC.

Also, is there enough to do in Hoi An for 7 nights??

Thanks. A.C.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Best time to go to Hoi An?

Of the 3 months you listed February would be your best choice. It is not too hot averages around 82* and no rain to speak of. All of those months are not to bad for heat and are also my favoite time of year in DaNang and Central Vietnam.

AS FAR AS THINGS TO DO .....do a google search and also on here under HoiAn and check out the things. Yuo have beaches, mountains, sightseeing, eating, biking, tours, and you are also close to DaNang and Hue and My Son.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 14:08
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Best time to go to Hoi An?

I suggest either late February and early March, or the first half of February. The Vietnamese New Year is on February 19th next year and the official holiday period will be from the 17th until the 24th and possibly be extended by a day or two before those dates as happened this year in an attempt to lessen the pressure on transportation. Most businesses are closed for the first few days and many for longer. Prices are higher. All forms of transport are heavily booked It is not so easy for the tourist at this time.

The advantage of the earlier period is that you will see the preparations for Tet. Streets are decorated. Flower markets are set up. You may see Lion dance troupes rehearsing. And possibly you could be in Hanoi or HCMC for the Tet Eve celebrations as a memorable finale to you holiday.

Cheers

rayza

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Best time to go to Hoi An?

Hey Anna,

You can do with Hoi An - Hue - Hanoi - Halong Bay :) The good way for you

Tony

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
678 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Best time to go to Hoi An?

March will be the best as it is still cool.

7 days in Hoi An is long enough to enjoy the Hoi An atmosphere.

5. Re: Best time to go to Hoi An?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 00:16