We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phan Thiet long term and more

J C
Montpellier, France
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Phan Thiet long term and more

Hi there! I've a question for Stevemuine and Bowenarrow (or anyone else), you both seem to be experts :-)

I am looking to stay in Ham Tien or mui Ne for a couple of months starting november. Ideally I'd like to find a self catering appartment or something similar so we can cook (2 persons). In your opinion will we be able to find something like that once we get there or should we find and reserve up ahead? And if so..where to look? Our budget is around 400-500 US p month, can we expect to find something suitable? Another question: how much do the scooters rent for on a monthly basis and do you absolutely need your international driving license, or can you do with your national license? Thanks for any replies!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phan Thiet long term and more

You are better off with an International Driving Permit as it makes it official

Scooter rentals in most parts of Vietnam are 2miilion dong a month for a Yamaha Nuovo 125cc, a capable full auto bike. A top of the range Honda SH150 might be double that.

Hotels sometime charge less if you are staying there.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,249 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phan Thiet long term and more

Steve is no longer in Vietnam so unless he visits this forum it is highly unlikely we will be reading his informed posts about Mui Ne and Ham Tien.

I wish him all the best on his retirement.

His much valued posts will be missed.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phan Thiet long term and more

Pierre, I just built a house in Thien Nghiep on my farm there, so I'm not planning to go anywhere. I'm just not GM at the Pandanus any more. However, I'm currently in your city working on a seminar on customer service, but will be back in Phan Thiet next week.

JC, You should definitely book in advance as you are heading into the high season, so if you wait, you may not find anything. I just checked with my friends that own some houses in Mui Ne Domaine, but they're asking at least twice your budget because it is the high season. So, I don't know of anything at the moment with a kitchen within your budget. I have another friend who is renting a house in Mui Ne that is within your budget, but he won't be moving out until January.

You might check with Happy Tours in Ham Tien, as they have lots of ex-pat customers, so they might be aware of someone who has a place available. Another suggestion might be Source Kiteboarding and Lodge in Mui Ne. Their units don't have kitchens, but it's a nice place to stay with very friendly people.

4. Re: Phan Thiet long term and more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2017, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Phan Thiet