We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Proflight

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Proflight

Hi

My sisters and I are travelling from Livingstone to Lusaka in August and are wondering about the cost of flight...I read somewhere that it is possible to get cheaper flights by purchasing a month out but cant find where that was....the flight is currently being quoted at $179 but I was under the impression it was less than this....any information would be great.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Proflight

I tried some random August dates on their website and was getting "saver" fares at $143 for early Aug but not late Aug- perhaps the "window" for booking those fares is 3 months?

Putting in dates in June I see "promo" fares for $83 so perhaps those are available a month before. August is peak seaon so you'll have to be quick to snap them up, especially if you are travelling in a group- the planes are small so I doubt there are many tickets available at that price on each plane.

You could always take the bus- it's only 6 hours and quite comfortable and costs about $20.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Proflight

Thanks Stokeygirl for your response

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Proflight

Hi Stokey- what bus company would you suggest from Livingstone to Lusaka? And are they pretty dependable with regular/daily schedules? Thanks!!

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Proflight

I have used this company-

http://travelmazhandu.com/

from Liv to Lusaka. They are pretty regular with something like half a dozen departures a day- I bought my ticket the day before from their office in Livingstone.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Proflight

thank you!!

6. Re: Cost of Proflight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 02:15