We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen

Australia
Level Contributor
675 posts
201 reviews
Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen

I know the most westerly point of validity is Kurashiki.

If my journey starts in Onomichi and I already have my Kansai wide pass and if I buy a ticket to cover the Onomichi to Kurashiki section,do I have to get off the train in Kurashiki?

I was planning to go Onomichi to Fukuyama by local train,shinkansen from Fukuyama to Himeji then limited express to Kinosakionsen.

Thank you for considering this question.

3 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
1. Re: Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen

No you dont have to, but you must buy ticket from Onomichi to Okayama, not to Kurashiki.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,690 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen

Actually, what you have to pay are the base fare for Onomichi to Kurashiki and the Shinkansen fare from Fukuyama to Okayama. When you buy the ticket at Onomichi, show your pass and explain what you want to do and they'll sort out for you. You do not have to get off the train at Kurashiki unless you're willing to jump off as the Shinkansen does't stop at Kurashiki :)

Anyway, Onomichi is a great destination. It's not well known among foreign tourists but it's truly a hidden gem. Good for you going there!

Australia
Level Contributor
675 posts
201 reviews
3. Re: Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen

Thanks for the information and the encouragement.

Reply to: Using Kansai wide pass to travel Onomichi to Kinosakionsen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kurashiki