We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henro stores in Takamatsu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Henro stores in Takamatsu

Hi,

I will be arriving at Takamatsu on 10-Oct next week to commence my Shikoku pilgrimage. I am trying to locate stores in Takamatsu where henro-related items (white vest, stick, Shuincho stamp book etc) on the internet without much luck. Does anybody here know where I can find one in Takamatsu?

Thanks

Regards,

WL

5 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,954 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Henro stores in Takamatsu

3 minutes from Takamatsu Station 四国ショップ88 https://tinyurl.com/y7lktrlu

Or order online using google search "遍路 用品" and have them delivered to your hotel.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
245 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Henro stores in Takamatsu

I don't know if you're doing the henro "in order" and starting with Ryōzen-ji. But there were henro items for sale there when I visited two weeks ago.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
3. Re: Henro stores in Takamatsu

@Bob S: I am not starting at Temple 1 (Ryozen-ji). Instead, I am going to start at Temple 84 (Yashima-ji) at Takamatsu and going in an anti-clockwise direction.

@bibimbob: Thanks for the info! In fact, I am staying near Takamatsu station on my first day and this looks like the best place to check it out. Thanks again!

Takamatsu, Japan
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Henro stores in Takamatsu

Yes, Shikoku Shop in Maritime Plaza (small shopping mall next to Symbol Tower in Takamatsu Sunport) sells some Henro paraphernalia, maybe not everything, but probably enough to get you started.

I'm not sure whether they sell the much needed maps and guides there though. You may want to order those online beforehand.

Have you done the pilgrimage before?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
5. Re: Henro stores in Takamatsu

@David B: No, this is my first attempt at the Shikoku pilgrimage. What I need with regards to Henro paraphernalia are the basics: white vest, side bag, name slips, stamp book), if the store in Maritime Plaza has them, then I am fine. Regarding maps and guides, I do own the "Shikoku Japan 88 Route Guide" English guidebook, which I will be carrying with me for this journey.

Reply to: Henro stores in Takamatsu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Takamatsu