We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

Mumbai...
1 post
Save Topic
Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

HI,

I'll be there in langkawi form 28th march to 1st April with my wife needed advice on the following we are staying a Berjaya

Spending money- I have budgeted 80 MYR for a car rental per day and around 200 MYR per day spending money for meals etc (for both of us) is this enough ? , not really interested in fancy places want to try out the local cuisines etc.

2.Things to do -im planing a island hopping tour, cable car and the day cruise by Rampant sailing are they the best for the day cruise read some awesome reviews about them. Is the Pulau payer marine park really worth a visit the reviews don't seem so great? - Budgeted 1000 MYR for trips etc

3. Any more fun things to do in langkawi, i would really like to explore some non touristy places as well since we will have a car we can go exploring any tips?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

Hello Rahul:

I am also from Mumbai and was in Langkawi last month for 6 days - also stayed at Berjaya for part of this stay - rest at Casa Del Mar.

I can advise as follows:

Get a local sim card - I got Celcom for RM50 to start with at KL airport and kept filling it as required.

Car at RM80 per day - good enough. Rent directly from airport and return at airport. Make sure you give your mobile no to them. While returning - make sure to call them and notify the time you are reaching the airport etc.

At airport, also take a detailed map of the island - the rental company will guide you. I had rented from Kasina rentals - a 4x4 SUV. However, you should easily be able to get a compact car for RM80 - do bargain while renting the car !

Your budget of RM200 per day for food appears to be ok - as breakfast would be at Berjaya anyway (assuming you have taken a breakfast inclusive rate).

Sights:

Cable car - only 5 mins walk from the hotel - a must see ! Try to go on a weekday around 430-500pm - as it will be cooler.

Oriental Village - which is at the base of the cable car - is quite good for shopping and has a place called Chapati House in the food court. We had quite good Chhole Bhature here + good India style tea. But they close at 700pm or so.

Perdana Quay - 5 minute drive from the hotel - a nice marina and several restaurants. We had dinner at the italian restaurant Mare Blu - very good. The Loaf is also good for baked desserts.

If you eat nonveg and seafood - the place to try could be Privilege - in the same complex on 1/floor.

In Hotel - do not miss dinner at the Pahn Thai restaurant - probably the most romantic dinner place in Langkawi !

Crafts Complex and Tanjung Rhu Beach - good drive and the complex has good local items for shopping.

More later - do let me know if you have any specific queries !

We enjoyed our 6 days here and still talk about it !

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

..........cont'd......

Click my username and you can read a few reviews of the sights and restaurants we went to - may be helpful.

We did go for the mangrove tour with Dev's (very good) - but did not go for island hopping or to Pulau Payar.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
772 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

hi kato.....'

with regards to car rentals, can you rent at the hotel and drop it off at the airport while returning?

thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

sorry...... no idea !

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

Thanks Kato for the Info

6. Re: Langkawi for 4 days,need advice in Spending money and places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:41