We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Maldives

surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Maldives

Hi All

My wife and I are planning to go to the Maldives in five weeks time and we were wondering if you could recommend some resorts.

We want a good AI package and an Island that is just a speedboat ride from the airport and my wife would like aroom right on the beach.This is our first holiday abroad for seven years and the last place we stayed was the Moon Palace in Cancun so we really want to get our choice right.Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers

Dan.

Bristol
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Maldives

If you plan to go in five weeks, it is more a question of looking to see which islands are available, see what 's left and have a look at the reviews by typing in the island name in the search box.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Maldives

blenny is right and speedboat journeys can range from 15 mins Club Faru to 3 hours Sun Island. Most people take a sea plane if the trip is over an Hour as the experience is well worth the xtra money I think you need to check what is available and then come back with some suggestions and am sure people will help

sg

surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Maldives

My wife does not fancy the sea plane so something within 45 minutes max on a boat would be ideal.Having looked around there is stil lots of availability and I was just trying to narrow things down a little cheers guys.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Maldives

I haven't been myself but I know someone who has been to paradise island and loved it. It is 20 minutes by speed boat. We went to Dhonveli last month which was also nice but if you are used to the luxury of Moon Palace, Dhonveli is quite a step down. I think the trouble with the Maldives is that the more plush resorts tend to be on a bed and breakfast basis with very few offering an upgrade to all inclusive. It depends what standard you are looking for but from what I gather, Paradise island is a good standard.

surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Maldives

Thanks emma68 you're a star. As long as the rooms are clean I dont think they matter too much because I dont plan spending too much time in there so as long as the beach and food are good Happy days.I will take a look at your reccomendations.

6. Re: Holiday Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about North Male Atoll