We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

Dubai, Dubai...
2 posts
Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

Does anyone know why EasyJet have stopped direct flights to Essaouira from Luton in the peak summer months, from late June to early September? We live just outside Essaouira and it's made it much more difficult for family and friends to visit in the summer as usual.

25 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
299 reviews
1. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

I wish I knew ...

2. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

Hi DrLeilaE

Did you find out anymore on the non existent summer easyJet flights from Luton to Essaouria ?

I was wondering the exact same thing it’s a bit weird no return flights after 23rd June if I recall correctly.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

I'm guessing that their popular summer routes (Spain etc) are busier and more in demand, so they use the Essaaouira planes for those routes instead....

Really sad. We were hoping to go...

Luton, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

#3 - Of course, you can still fly with RyanAir from Luton into Marrakech, which is only a three-hour coach ride from Essaouira.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

The flights are not operating in July and August. There was a local campaign and they have reinstated flights for September and up to 24 October and then sadly cancelled indefinitely. Can I encourage anyone to email the Network Manager and CEO below and also comment on their FB page. The town is hoping they will reconsider! Taxis can also be prebooked for approx 60Euros from Marrakech airport to Essaouira

robert.carey@easyjet.com and Johan.lundgren@easyJet.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

I am also very disappointed at this news - I go to Essa every Christmas, & the direct flight was a godsend. I've written to the CEOs as per the email above. I guess it's related to profit in some way, although the December flights were always jam-packed & not cheap, so they must have been making money from it....

London, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

@Abiloopy - I just got this reply from the Easyjet CEO (or whoever he is) :-(

Sent: 17 July 2018 00:21

Cc: Customer Service

Subject: RE: FLIGHTS FROM LONDON TO ESSAOUIRA (Reference ID: 130478267 )

Thank you very much for your note and for taking the time to contact us.

We do continually eview our network of routes to ensure they are profitable. While full flights are a great sign, it does not necessarily reflect the underlying financial performance of the route. Further, given aircraft are expensive, we need to fly our aircraft generally in markets that can support year round service. If a market is unable to support a year round operation, we typically need to redeploy the airplane to other opportunities that can sustain that level of service.

In the case of the Essaouira, we unfortunately were not able to sustain profitable year-round service, and as such have had to make the tough decision to stop service. This was compounded as the Moroccan Tourism authority chose to no longer promote this route as a priority route, which further led to degradation in the financial performance.

We know this makes the trip much more challenging, and appreciate that you will have to look at other options. That said, we hope you have enjoyed your flights on easyJet, and if we are flying to any other future destinations, we hope to see you onboard again.

Regards, Robert

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
299 reviews
8. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

Maybe another airline will fill the gap .

1 post
9. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

As of September 2018 easyjet stop all flights to Essaouira not enough demand

1 post
10. Re: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira

That was a great flight. It wont do Essaouira any good either.

Reply to: Easyjet Flights to Essaouira
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira