We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirogur outrigger

Which Ile Des Pins hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Pirogur outrigger

Hello, where can I see a photo of the outrigger? I am not sure if it is ok for my 2 young children. I don't know much about it. Could anyone tell me more about the trip. Also, I am thinking about visitng Le Meridien for the day. is it near the natural pools? Is there much in Vao and how can I get there from Le Meridien or the main Wharf? thanks, Nella

New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirogur outrigger

I haven't been on a pirogue trip myself. A picture of a pirogue can be found here

…nationalgeographic.com/ngm/…

Vao is a small township with a very pretty historic church with local wood and carvings, an interesting war memorial, and some traditional houses among more ordinary buildings. Are you going to the Isle of Pines on a cruise ship? If so, there will be local minivan drivers offering guided tours to Vao from the wharf. These tours take about an hour and the driver will point out interesting sights.

I can't answer your other questions, sorry, but the area by the wharf has two lovely beaches which are excellent for swimming.

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirogur outrigger

Le Meridien is about 10 minutes walk from the natural pool. We actually rode pushbikes from Nataiwatch (about 40km round trip so don't try that one lol), rode to Chez Regis where we parked the bikes, walked through the river bed to the piscine naturelle and then after our swim and snorkel walked the rest of the round trip tp Le Meridien. There isnt much at Le Meridien - just a standard resort with a pool and a quiet beach. The beaches close to the wharf have cleaner sand etc than that over at Le Meridien but it is definitely quieter over there.

3. Re: Pirogur outrigger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 04:45