We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In and out of Manila

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
In and out of Manila

Hi we arrive in Manila (int flight) 2:30pm on a friday this month and have booked city garden grand hotel in makati. We fly out next morning to coron at 9:30am.

Couple of questions:

- best way to get to hotel after ariving in manila ie taxi transfer? Cost i should exspect?

- sugestions on small amount of time we have and what we should not miss out on in area ie food,entertainment.

- what time alocation should i leave for following morning flight is out of T4. Should i just use taxi?

14 replies to this topic
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1. Re: In and out of Manila

Am thinking macato central for food as love street food when visitng foreign countries. im assuming this is walking distant by look of map?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
2,257 reviews
2. Re: In and out of Manila

Best way is to use a taxi. It can be metered or a fixed price coupon taxi. Metered should be less than 300Php but Friday has the worst traffic so the trip may cost more.

Coupon taxi to Makati was around 440P (fixed) last time. Just a little over A$5.

Avoid the touts as you exit the terminal as they could be charging 1500-2000P. Don't listen to any of their excuses and lies.

I would be leaving no later than 6:30am in the morning.

What to eat depends on what type of food you like. Check the Makati Tripadvisor reviews for restaurants thuings to do etc. <, https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g2984… >>> My favourite restaurant is Thai and called People Palace and is located in Greenbelt 3. Best to book.

Across from your hotel is the Century City mall and A Venue Mall with lots of restaurants and bars. You are also very close to the red light area.

Down the road is Greenbelt Mall our favourite area which is a huge mall complex with lots of shopping dining and drinking options.

Download the Grab app (its like uber) to get to the airport the next day. Hassle free and no taxis trying to rip you off.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
2,257 reviews
3. Re: In and out of Manila

<<Am thinking macato central for food as love street food when visitng foreign countries. im assuming this is walking distant by look of map?>>

No definitely not walking distance. Get a Grab Taxi and it will only cost a few aussie dollars. Safer and cooler.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
4. Re: In and out of Manila

Excellent thanks tommo as always great advice :)

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,157 posts
449 reviews
5. Re: In and out of Manila

If going to the taxi counter, some touts may ask what you are looking for. (as it happened to us last month). "Coupon taxi" i replied. "it is here , 800 pesos to xfer to T4" . Impossible, so don't be talked into something like that. Make sure you go to the correct counter.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6. Re: In and out of Manila

Thanks. What is the correct counter named as and located for when hetting a coupon prepaid taxi, we arrive at T2? We will install grab but wil only be able to use on wifi so from airport will need to taxi it.

Manila
Level Contributor
657 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: In and out of Manila

Coupon Taxi Counter: Terminal 3...

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@14.5207017,121.0140774,3a,22.7y,56.8h,83.04t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si5lT-wCA4iYGL7YD_gYSUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

As you can see... rates are displayed on their tariff board. Some of the vehicles are quite old and some are new.

Edited: 11 October 2018, 20:33
Manila
Level Contributor
657 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: In and out of Manila

Coupon Taxi Counter: Terminal 3...

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@14.5207017,121.0140774,3a,22.7y,56.8h,83.04t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si5lT-wCA4iYGL7YD_gYSUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

As you can see... rates are displayed on their tariff board. Some of the vehicles are quite old and some are new.

Edited: 11 October 2018, 20:33
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
2,257 reviews
9. Re: In and out of Manila

That's a good photo from TD to show the legitimate one as some of the touts will claim they are the legitimate coupon taxi service.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: In and out of Manila

>>> Coupon taxi to Makati was around 440P (fixed) last time. Just a little over A$5. <<<

$1AU buys around 38 pesos, so it's a little over $11AU

Reply to: In and out of Manila
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted