We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Any tips on finding accommodation in Sochi during the Winter Olympics? Not having much luck so far!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

My advise would be to wait until Russia's Olympic Committee releases hotel rooms, which have all been booked by the Committee. It is becoming a hot topic on the Internet. Noone knows exactly when the rooms will be released.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Yes It is all very vague at this stage. Personally I have been able to obtain a no of tickets for various events quite cheaply but wont be going to the stage of booking airline tickets until hotel accommodation can be secured.

Owen from Australia

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

BTW...when hotel accomodation becomes available, airline tickets will be more expensive. Why not book them now?

Edited: 24 April 2013, 23:04
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

I am with you on this topic....we have event tickets, we have flights, but right now it looks like we are sleeping on the streets .....could be difficult with a 9 yr old ! :( please post if anyone hears any new s of accommodation release !

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

You are not alone ))) Even if we all are sleeping on the streets, we will have fun ))) But I agree, it would be better to find accomodation. I have not found yet. I am still waiting for the Olympic Committee to releaze rooms and will report if situation chages.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 15:26
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

IMHO, everyone traveling to Sochi next February will find accomodation. I am confident. Even if one travels to Sochi without any advance accomodation reservation. Sochi has long been very a very populat resort destination for Russians and many locals make their livings by renting out their appartments to tourists. They usually gather at the railway station and airport in search for tenants when they arrive. In the worst case scenario, it will be possible to rent an appartment to get some local flavour. But I hope this fall we will get from the Olympic Committee a kind of accomodation guidance.

Riverview, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

The press package shows that they have to have half of their room deposits paid by the end of June and that they can release no more than 30% of their held rooms by the end of Aug. I suspect that we'll start to see accommodation opening up around that time. The major chains especially are not going to be happy about not being able to fill their room allotments so once all of the participants, press, officials, etc... are taken care of, I imagine they will all be anxious to sell what's left and not be left with empty rooms.

We've gone ahead with our flight arrangements as we too are confident that we'll end up somewhere. We are also adding a couple of days in Moscow to our trip and have our hotel booked there already and received our Visa Support Documents which was very exciting!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Thanks for your contribution but what Press package are you referring to>

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Sochi 2014 Press Accommodation Guide:

olympic.cz/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Sochi-…

New Braunfels, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Thanks for posting all of this great info. I was really worried for a while but have since calmed down. I started to look again but of course nothing is available. I tried calling a lot of hotels, but not many people speak English, and I ended up getting hung up on a lot. My flights are booked i have a one way to Istanbul and a return from Moscow. I"m not sure when a good time would be to buy connecting flights to and from Sochi.

One person above mentioned that we could always find a local willing to rent out a room. We have to have hotel information for our visa application. I'm not sure what happens if you get visa support from one place and end up in another..... or if you go through one of the services. If anyone has advice for visa apps, I'm sure we would all appreciate it. This is the most complex visa app I've ever completed.