We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ganina Yama Monastery

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
27 posts
Ganina Yama Monastery

I am single traveller and plan to go to Ganina Yama Monastery from Yekaterinburg from the hotel near train station. From what I read, the easiest way is to get UBER taxi. I am not sure how much. The way to go, I might be able to ask hotel to help but not sure about the way back. And not sure how much will it cost. Or should I take UBER and ask the driver to wait for me to go back. If so, should 1 hour sufficient to look around. Try not to be too rush.

And do they have and private guide. If so, how much will it cost?

Thanks much.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
666 posts
153 reviews
77 helpful votes
1. Re: Ganina Yama Monastery

I have the same question! hope we will see some replies on this.

Russia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Ganina Yama Monastery

Hi there and welcome to our beautiful city! If you take Uber from railway station it will cost about 400 rub one way. As for a return trip, it may be rather difficult, beacuse taxi drivers are not all the time near such out-of-town location... There is a bus No. 223, as per the website of Ganina Yama, which may take you to the city (to the metro station) ganinayama.ru/kontaktyi/raspisanie-avtobusov…

However, I would recommend you to specify this question somehow by the phone.

As for the duration of staying at Ganina Yama, I must say that this is a very interesting place with its special atmosphere. There are several beautiful churches and a newly opened museum devoted to Romanov's family. I would say, 2 hours are enough. As for the tours, as far as I know, there are tours held by the priests themselves but there are no tours in English. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. My web-page devoted to Yekaterinburg www.facebook.com/yekaterinburg.urals.7

Russia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Ganina Yama Monastery

Hi there and welcome to our beautiful city! If you take Uber from railway station it will cost about 400 rub one way. As for a return trip, it may be rather difficult, beacuse taxi drivers are not all the time near such out-of-town location... There is a bus No. 223, as per the website of Ganina Yama, which may take you to the city (to the metro station) ganinayama.ru/kontaktyi/raspisanie-avtobusov…

However, I would recommend you to specify this question somehow by the phone before you go

As for the duration of staying at Ganina Yama, I must say that this is a very interesting place with its special atmosphere. There are several beautiful churches and a newly opened museum devoted to Romanov's family. I would say, 2 hours are enough. As for the tours, as far as I know, there are tours held by the priests themselves but there are no tours in English. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. My web-page devoted to Yekaterinburg www.facebook.com/yekaterinburg.urals.7

Edited: 27 April 2017, 03:50
4. Re: Ganina Yama Monastery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 00:17