We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

Hello travellers!

We are planning a stop also in Yekaterinburg during our Trans-Mongolian route in next August.

We'll arrive there late in the evening, leaving in the evening the day after.

We would like to spend the morning visiting the EU-Asia border and the Ganina Yama monastery, while in the afternoon to have a walking tour through the city.

Would you recommend to dedicate time to EU-Asia border and to the Ganina Yama monastery, considering limited time we'll have? Or it is better to dedicate all the time we have to the city visit?

In case yes, we would like to avoid organized tours. From what we see online, they seem really "touristically tailored" and really expensive for what they offer, while we would prefer something more flaxible to our needs.

Would it be feasible in your opinion simply rent a taxi to be driven there?

Or, do you have any Driver/Guide you could recommend for helping us in organizing such excursion?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Giovanni

Subang Jaya...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

H Giovai! Same too, will be visiting Yekaterinberg come August. Thinking of going to the EU-Asia border and the Ganina Yama monastery, while in the afternoon to have a walking tour through the city. Not sure if you have managed to find anyone ...I'm also looking for one too.

Some site mentioned go to the city Ekaterinburg Tourist Information Service at Ulitsa 8 Marta #21, office #2, located in the city center. Inside the tourist information center, they speak english, and they offer various tours around Yekaterinburg, including tours to the Europe-Asia border, city tours, tours to Ganina Yama, and hiking tours to the nature reserve Olena Rutchi. You can also call up to reserve your tour in advanced.

I will probably try go here when I arrive there.

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

Hi m_chan_c_c!

No news unfortunately.

I think we'll try to follow your suggestion and go to Tourist Information Center.

I'll update about this!

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

Hello. I live in Yekaterinburg and can answer for your questions about my city. I don't advise going to europe/asia memorial, it not so interest. Walking in city is better. Feel free for questions

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

Hi Ekbadvisor!

Our particular interested is on Ganina Yama monastery, that we really would like to visit. Since we do not have plenty of time, our idea was to possibly have driver/taxi to bring us there.

Then, since EU-asia border should not be so far,we would take the occasion to take the usaul picture on across the border...

Do you know if it is possible to rent a car/driver for some hours and how much it could cost?

Thanks

Giovanni

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

I can to call in 2-3 taxi firm, and tomorrow write you information (phone numbers and web sites) . How many person will be? Price for foreign citizens higher in cheap taxi, in good taxi you get comfortable car for same money.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

If your journey will be at weekend maybe i will can be your driver (for free). If i will not be busy in that day

7. Re: Yekaterinburg - Guide/Driver for excursion to EU-Asia Border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2017, 09:15