We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

I was advised to fly to St. Petersburg for a few days. What airline? Average cost? I was also told to skip Moscow? I will be flying from SF with a stop in Istanbul. 9 day trip. Any suggestions, advice, recommendations would be most appreciated. I have not traveled very much 😳 Very excited!!!

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

Well, Yekaterinburg and St. Petersburg are different cities, some 2000 miles apart. Which airline from where? From Istanbul? Then Turkish or Aeroflot, both decent, prices depend on dates... Skip Moscow or not - your choice, Moscow has long history and a lot to see... 9 days could be pretty busy ion St. Petersburg alone, Moscow alone, or some visits to smaller Russian places.

Your interests matter - what are you for: nightlife or religious history or tank museum? Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Yekaterinburg
Yekaterinburg
Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

Thank you for your reply. I will be looking at flights with Turkish Air and will be traveling through Istanbul. I am ot big on nightlife more intrested in history and religion. Looking at how to obtain visa right now. Not sure how to get this letter of invitation?

Mentioned in this post
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

Hello. Yekaterinburg is industrial city with a lot of different plants. If you like strong city in strong nature you will like Yekaterinburg. And it is no expensive. Also in EKB has many historical places and interesting theaters.

Mentioned in this post
Yekaterinburg
Yekaterinburg
Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
4. Re: Visiting Yekaterinburg What is not to be missed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2018, 02:18