We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

Templepatrick...
Level Contributor
14 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

LOOK NO FURTHER - Bryanbai Tours is the one for you! I trawled the internet for weeks looking for a tour guide for my trip to Xi'an in July/August 2015 with my husband and teenage son and I hit the jackpot!!

Bryan was already booked but we agreed an itinerary via excellent email communications and he arranged for his first class colleague Andrew to meet us at X'an train station.

Andrew was waiting for us in a very busy and hot Xi'an and immediately took us to his car with Mr Lee as the driver. Andrew was extremely friendly and chatted away in english imparting lots of info re our journey to the Terracotta Warriors, Xi'an and the various other sites that we were going to see.

He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all our questions not just about our tour. The Warriors are amazing! We asked to have traditional chinese lunch and he took us to a great air conditioned restaurant (very reasonable) and then it was off to the Goose Pagoda and Xi'an Walls. There was so much was packed into this day but Andrew never made us felt rushed. - Andrew even saved us money on purchasing some Terracotta Warrior souvenirs! As we were returning to Beijing that evening Andrew took us to the right places to shop cheaply for supplies for the sleeper train and then to McDonalds (just for my son) before ensuring that we were in the correct waiting room at the train station. Andrew, certainly made our trip to Xi'an a memorable, relaxed and totally enjoyable experience and I have no hesitation in recommending him as a guide & Mr Lee as a driver. Go ahead and book with confidence as you will have a fantastic experience!!

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Terracotta Warriors Tour
Terracotta Warriors Tour
558 Reviews
Xi'an, China
77 replies to this topic
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

We just finish his tour 2 days ago, he is very good tour guide and very knowledgeable about the history. Unfortunately we did not have time to visit the wall due to weather. We spend lot of time in terra cotta. And other place. He is very good to response the email an request. We recommend his service.

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

Best tour during our entire time in Asia in 2018! Truly great for English speakers!

Brian is an incredibly knowledgeable tour guide. We peppered him with questions for about 3 hours while in the car visiting various sites, in addition to all the hours of information he gave us (not canned, genuine) - and he knew the answer to everything!

It's clear that Brian love his country and wants to share the ancient history with people from around the world.

It was refreshing to have a tour guide that says he speaks English, who actually does! And, if his laugh doesn't get you laughing, you're an old curmudgeon!

He doesn't just take the tourist areas, he also shows you where the 'real locals' go to eat - which is a 1000% better than the tourist traps.

I felt sorry for everyone else at the Terracotta Warriors Museum because they simply didn't get the breath and depth of knowledge from their tour guides that we did. Brian was able to give us invaluable information - for example, he showed us on a close-up warrior that the palms of the hands had unique lines on each one... the bottom of shoes of the warriors were all created to look worn to different degrees.

If you hire Brian, you have an excellent opportunity to really learn all there is. If you don't, you'll leave Xi'an knowing less than you should.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Terracotta Warriors Tour
Terracotta Warriors Tour
558 Reviews
Xi'an, China
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

Thank you very much

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

thank you very much.

Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

My wife and I recently spent a wonderful day with Brianbai seeing and learning about Xi'An. From the time of our first communication, Brian went out of his way to help us plan not just our tour with him, but our entire visit to Xi'An. He welcomed any and all questions, and was free with his advise about sites, restaurants, etc.

Our tour itself with Brian was fabulous. It was an all-day your with just my wife and I. Brian helped us select the sites to see, and then stuck to the itinerary to make sure we fit everything into what was a very full day. His English and communication skills were excellent. He also gave us a great blend of history combined with stories and current information. It was very enjoyable and entertaining, he gave us a lot of information without ever making us feel like we were in school. He even spent his own time helping us find a place to buy additional luggage that we needed, and kept in touch with us throughout the rest of our trip just to see how things were going. It is obvious that he loves his job, and that's part of what made his such a great guide.

Brianbai was just fabulous to work with and spend time with. I could not recommend a tour guide any more strongly.

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

Thank you very much.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence

I researched for weeks communicating with guides in Xi’an before settling on hiring Bryan. He was such a great communicator and excellent resource. His price is very fair and we asked for a private tour and driver for the 4 of us. My cousin is slightly handicapped and has a walker and we needed to rent a wheelchair. Bryan was happy to assist in anything we needed ahead of time. Our plane from Shanghai was delayed due to heavy rains so we were a day late and although Bryan was booked the next day, he got one of his associate guides for us and she took us to see the Warriors. She was also excellent and helpful with my handicapped cousin. She took us to a great place for lunch where we had gluten free foods for me and everything was fresh and delicious and very reasonable priced. We really enjoyed our tour and couldn’t imagine going there without an english speaking guide. Make the most of your time in China and hire Bryan and know your well taken care of and the driver and Van he hires is excellent and safe. You want to enjoy your vacation and see as much as you can and understand what you saw, so get Bryan. He’s easy to deal with, extremely professional and helpful and prices are very fair , he was actually cheaper then most guides and you need someone who can communicate with you in a timely manner. We paid in RMB after our tour and everything was fabulous ! Xi’an is beautiful, so spend some time there.. drum tower.. ancient wall, Muslim area at night.. Big goose.. etc.. so much to see and do there. Spend at least 2 full days there and hire Bryan. I wish we could of spent 4 days Xi’an. Next time for sure we will stay there longer. It was better then Beijing ! Easier to get around, less traffic, pollution and super friendly people everywhere ! Enjoy !

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Reply to: Bryanbai - Terracotta Warriors Tour - Book in Confidence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted