We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earliest check in, ever?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
earliest check in, ever?

hey everyone!

was wondering what is the earliest checkin time u have been lucky enough to get?

well the date does change post midnight so can u be lucky(or cheeky) enough to get a check in around 2am. is it worth risking it during a non peak weekday or can it never happen.?

experienced fellow travellers pls advise.

thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Check in is normally around 2pm, so why should someone be allowed an early check in at 2am? That is just plain rude!!!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: earliest check in, ever?

I wouldn't risk it, so it is best to book for the night before, saves you stressing.

3. Re: earliest check in, ever?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 December 2011, 02:26
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Whether the date changes past midnight makes not a jot of difference, as most hotels tend to go on a 2pm to 12 midday schedule.

So even if you check in at 2am in the morning, you will pay a full day's rate which will entitle you to stay for 10 hours until 12 midday. I doubt any hotel will term it an early check-in and let you stay for free for 10 hours.

(i'm assuming you are talking about hotel check-in, not flight check-in!)

Edited: 29 November 2011, 07:43
5. Re: earliest check in, ever?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 December 2011, 02:26
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,792 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Ok now I will try and answer a question on hotels....

Hotels can vary from check in very early if your lucky and there are rooms free, of course at thier discretion. I have in the past checked in around 10am but mostly hotels near airports

Usual check in is 2.00pm but can be as late as 4.00pm (mostly non chain hotels).

Check out can start at 10.am but the norm is 12pm late check out can again either be paid for or at the discretion of the hotel or a you are a member of a hotel programme.

So if you want a room your going to have to pay for it. You roll up at 2am you will be charged the whole nights rate.

But of course there are hotels that you can pay for for the few hours your wanting, but perhaps thats not what your thinking of;)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: earliest check in, ever?

2am check-in? Not in a million years, unless of course you own the hotel. Earliest I've ever checked in was 7.30am and I was impressed!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Earliest I got was about 10am in the morning.

Hotels sell you rooms by how many nights you stay. Arriving at 2am is counted as one night.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
937 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Yep, arriving at 2 am would count as a very, very late check-in and not the 'earliest'. The latest i've done was 12 midnight. LoL.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,302 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: earliest check in, ever?

Hi

work on a 24 hour clock . . . . if you are arriving at 02:00, then your room will not be available before 14:00. You have paid for 14:00 to 12:00 the next.

When ever we have arrived so early we have had to book an extra day, so we booked from 14:00, arrived 02:00 and then check out at 12:00

Normally if you arrive around 08:00 - 10:00 you might be ok, but not 02:00 . . .

sorry!!