We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NMS
West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Day 2015 with kids

My family and I are staying in KL over Christmas this year and we have young children with us between the ages of 7 and 3. Please can anyone recommend a hotel or somewhere to spend Christmas Day? Preferably we'd like somewhere nice to eat (open to any kind of food), perhaps with a visit from santa and ideally a hotel with space to relax as well so the kids aren't confined to the table. Does anything exist? Budget can be flexible. I realise Christmas is just a 'normal' day out there but hoping to make it special. Thanks all.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Hi there,

I would recommend a stay at the Hilton next to KL Sentral. There will be a Breakfast buffet as well as a visit by Santa. It also has an awesome pull & water slide area. Having stayed there over Xmas in 2009 (And many times since!), it was an awesome experience :)

Hope that helps!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Funny enough KL does Xmas better than they do here in Adelaide :) the decorations etc are awesome! Depending what hotel you stay in will depend on how xmassy it gets....on my experience and hopefully some other regulars chime in....we stay at the Renaissance and about to do our 2nd Xmas there. We have email end them them to book in for Xmas lunch already. Last time they had carols in the foyer the night before and free eggnog and another Xmas drink (this isn't something I do in oz but was nice), Xmas trees and decorations in their foyers and the Xmas lunch was a Buffett of the most amazing food and the deserts were gingerbread houses and santas etc. they then had a Santa clause and his helpers come in after to give out a present to everyone. I loved it and it only cost $150myr each in oz that would of cost me at least $360myr plus.

So decide on your hotel and email them as to what they do and the kids will love it. The pavilion at Bukit Bintang was my most favourite place for decorations it was amazing

Edited: 19 October 2015, 22:20
Australia
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Sorry cause I edited my spelling mistakes couldn't add again lol

Renaissance food was seafood, roast, traditional Xmas food etc they also had lots of desserts that kids would love then if you wanted to relax after the have one of the biggest pools.

The best thing about KL Xmas day is you can go shopping too lol

NMS
West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Thank you both, I'll look into both these options. Unfortunately we have already booked our accommodation (Park Royal serviced apartments). Hopefully we can find a lovely hotel to visit for the day/lunch/afternoon, even if that means we'll have to save the pool action for later!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

I would look around your apartment then at any 4/5 star hotels that might be doing Xmas lunch/tea as I would say most would have something on :)

Then send them an email for price etc

You will be very pleasantly surprised how xmassy it is in KL and the kids will love it IMO. We went 2 yrs ago at Xmas then spent Xmas here last year - I decided we would go back to a KL Xmas as it was not as xmassy here ;)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

jacks24 that sounds so lovely! Perfect!!

We're going to be there this year for xmas & I've been wondering the same about finding somewhere Christmassy even though our daughter is 14!

Might just see you there!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Were all adults - daughter included and loved it there at Xmas time :D my main criteria for Xmas day is prawns and pudding and Rennaisance provided both lol

Just remember to go to the pavilion shops IMO they are the best for decorations.

I like your profile picture we have been to Paris Disney 4 times, California Disney 2 and WDW so I suspect we have the same tastes and you should like the Xmas feel in Kl LOL

Have a great trip

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

Thanks again Jacks! Yes so far we've been to Hong Kong Disney, Anaheim & Orlando. Next year we're either going to Japan or China depending on whether the shanghai Disney is ready or not & then Paris the year after!! Want to do a Disney Cruise too!! We're addicted & determined to do all of them before our daughter is 18. She's 14 now so we'll just scrape in!! I'm a fellow Adelaidian so maybe there's something in the water even though I've lived in Melbourne for 20 years!

Love KL so we will def shop at the pavilion & looking forward to seeing all the decorations etc!

Thanks again Jacks!

9. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 November 2015, 06:05
10. Re: Christmas Day 2015 with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2016, 00:16