We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18 hrs transit in KL, how to spend it !

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Noida, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
18 hrs transit in KL, how to spend it !

Hi All,

Will be reaching KLIA2 on sunday night around 12pm and then will have 18 hrs stopover before proceeding back home on monday evening 6 pm. I'll be with my wife and would like to make full-use of this time and explore KL. I'm planning to book a room at sama sama hotel or tune hotel. Then proceed early morning from Metro to KLCC. Twin tower, Acquirium , Buket-Bintang etc are few things are on the radar to cover here.

I don't want to rush to things but would be great to cover as many places/things to do in that time span as i've to reach airport by 4 pm to catch a flight at 6pm .

It's not a plan (not structured) but is it fine or we can cover some more. looking for suggestions of things to do as well as local/cheap eatries in or near airport and KLCC where we can have breakfast and lunch.

Thanks in advance

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
196 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 18 hrs transit in KL, how to spend it !

Most shops are open by 10:30am. KLCC area will have Pavillion, Suria KLCC, Lot 10, Sg. Wang and Berjaya Times Square for shopping and food. It really depend on what do you want to do and if you are willing to travel a bit. After all the shopping, spend about 90 minutes in Batu Caves (Hindu Temple) before heading back to KL Sentral to take the train back to KLIA2. in summary, reached KLCC area by 10:30am. Spend 3 hours around the area and cover as many shopping mall as possible. Take a cab to Batu Caves and maybe you just need an hour to discover the place. Take a cab from Batu Caves to KL Sentral, buy your ticket and head to KLIA2

Good luck and have fun

2. Re: 18 hrs transit in KL, how to spend it !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2016, 01:17