We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Faridabad, India
2 posts
Save Topic
info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Hi,

I am going to Bali and have around 14Hrs transit in KL. Please let me know the process and feasibility of transit visa.

Thanks

Mayank

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

In my knowledge....no visa is given to Indian passport holders in Malaysia. One has to apply visas before entering into Malaysia.

Noida, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

There is NO transit visa facility offered to Indian Passport holders neither Visa on Arrival. your best bet could be (if you don't want to come outsite KLIA2) sama sama express lodging which charge you per hour basis or you need to spend INR 3500 for tourist visa

hope it helps

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Hi,

firstly just some minor clarification to the earlier two threads

1). there is VOA for Indian passport holders coming into Malaysia; However in your context not applicable. VOA is available if coming into Malaysia by air with airlines of Malaysia Airlines or Air Asia and from Thailand and Singapore;

2). Transit visa/pass is available to India passport holders; for 120 hours however ALSO not applicable to you. This is available if one is on transit in KUL(i.e. KLIA 1 or KLIA2) and flying onwards to either one of these following 7 countries viz. Australia, New Zealand, USA, China, Taiwan ,South Korea,and Japan.

However it can be applicable to you only IF you hold valid permanent residence, expatriate / working pass, student pass, dependent pass any long term visit pass from other countries (please bring along document to proof it).

And one last thing on proviso your flights are with MH or AirAsia.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

@mKiaratravel....thanks a lot for correcting. Actually what I want to write that Malaysian visa is not issued to Indians on arrival, barring some special cases which you mentioned.

@irahul80.....Hi can you please tell me what is this sama sama express lodging? Is it some kind of airport hotel/sleeping capsule? Actually my flight will reach in KLIA2 from Bali on 11:45 in the night and then I need to catch a new flight to Delhi at 9:00 am in the morning. Plz tell me what is the most economical option to spend the night and don't get late in the morning. I will also have my luggage from previous flight with me as it's not a connecting flight.

Thanks in advance.

Happyness

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Hi,

Re post #4

your flight to DEL at 0900hrs is with which airline?

Sama Sama Express is a transit hotel,and since you have to manage your luggage at KLIA2, it will NOT be applicable for you.

Your other options are Tune hotel @KLIA2 or Capsule (in gateway@KLIA2)

http://capsulecontainer.com/concept.html

www.tunehotels.com/my/en/our-hotels/klia2

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Thanks a lot dear.

My both the flights will operate from KLIA2 (Terminal 2). My flight from Bali to KLIA2 and KLIA2 to Delhi are two different flights but both are from Malindo Airlines. What will the best economical option for me and my wife? I don't want to book it online as I am not sure how things work out there. Can I book it there on the spot and will there be space to put my luggage?

Thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

The most economical way is to just hang around KLIA2 without booking a room. The airport is fairly busy, even after midnight and early in the morning.

Upon arrival, you may opt to try your luck at the sleeping options, but without booking in advance, no one here can guarantee you will get a place to stay, at last min rates, which is certainly not economical.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Thanks a lot buddy.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,973 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

@InPursuitOfHappyness

Two different flights, but are they on the same ticket (i.e. same PNR)? If they're on the same ticket Malindo should be able to tag your luggage straight to Delhi and you won't need to clear immigration, collect your bags etc at KLIA2.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: info on transit visa for Indian passport holder

Guess though OD do offer fly thru from DPS to DEL, but @InPursuitOfHappyness in post #4 mentioned " I will also have my luggage from previous flight with me as it's not a connecting flight" (unquote).