We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
9 reviews
Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Hi, we spent our honeymoon at Centara Ras Fushi Resort at the beginning of November this year and we loved every aspect of it apart from the fact when snorkelling there was very little sea life.

My husband has said we can return the the Maldives February 2018, which I'm so excited about, this time we want to ensure the sea life is amazing. We like to go All Inclusive too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Hi

Sounds like you have Maldivitus 😀

Can you tell us more about what type of island you are looking for and most importantly your budget...

Darryl

London
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

One of my favourite snorkeling islands is Kurumba. We always see so much sealife there (tons of sharks, rays, turtles). Similar budget to CRF and sounds like you aren't bothered being close to Male. The coral isn't very good, but then so many of the house reef corals have been hit recently.

The resorts in the Gaafu Alifu / Gaafu Dhaalu (we saw lots of dolphins visiting there) and South Ari atolls (the right time of year you can see whale sharks) are always popular. The corals have been especially good in these atolls, but with recent hits of El Nino, global warming and COTS, they might not be at their peak.

Also, impressed with Hideaway Beach up north.

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescomplete.com

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Thank you Bruce, really informative.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

We haven't decided on budget as yet but ideally 4/5 star. As we will be going for 2 weeks (we had a week in Sri Lanka the week before we travelled to the Maldives) we would like an island things to do. We are not hugely sporty but a choice would be great and with maybe the choice of different bars and restaurants. Thank you

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Given what you have said you are hoping to find on an island, One of the resorts mentioned by Bruce would be ideal : Kurumba. It has eight restaurants, plenty of activities to keep you occupied in and out of the water plus live evening entertainment. There is a mix of accommodation, nice beach, great staff and a really nice atmosphere. I will be making my 4th visit in February 2017. You can take a look at my reviews by clicking on my name under my avatar/picture.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

Thank you, just had a look at Karumba and it looks stunning, I'll take a look at your reviews. Thank you again, really appreciated.

7. Re: Great Resorts For Snorkelling!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2017, 00:17