We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left luggage at Male airport?

Solihull
Level Contributor
178 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Left luggage at Male airport?

Is there a left luggage facility at Male airport, where I can leave bags for 10 days? I can't find anything on the airport website and no recent answers on this forum...

We are travelling to the Maldives for a diving liveaboard, then flying on to Australia for a month. I am hoping to leave two large suitcases that won't fit on the liveaboard, at the airport.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

There is a left luggage facility at the airport. The charge is $5 per bag, per day.

You'll find it near the WC's before you go through the entrance to the check in desks.

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

Here's the link to the information on the airport's website, including location and pricing: http://www.macl.aero/S_AIRPORT_FACILITIES/6/1

Kat

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

I thought before that the left luggage facility is only on a daily basis. Didn't know I can leave my luggage for several days at a time. this will save me a lot of money from excess Kgs sea plane's charge.

Solihull
Level Contributor
178 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

Thanks everybody, really helpful as ever in TA! I realise now I was looking at "another" Male airport website, didn't see this one.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

We are looking to do exactly this in December. Did it all work out ok for your trip? - ie leaving your luggage for several days?

Solihull
Level Contributor
178 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

Hi there, we're not going until the last week in September. I will post the outcome once we've tried to pick it back up, in early October.

Fingers crossed!

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

Great - thanks very much. Have a great trip. Have to say I am really looking forward to going. We are then flying on to New Zealand for 6 weeks, hence the left luggage issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Solihull
Level Contributor
178 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

Hi there. Just completed this section of our holiday. Leaving luggage at Male airport for 10 days while we went off on a liveaboard was really easy. When you come through customs at Male, turn left and look for the "information" stand - it's like a glass-walled hexagon. There, you register your luggage and they give you the luggage tags. Then you drop off your bags at the (clearly signposted) Left Luggage Store to your left.

On our return 10 days later, the information stand was closed at 6:30am but I gave my luggage tags to the guys in the Left Luggage Store and paid up. It is now (Oct 2017) US$6 per case per day.

If your liveaboard is anything like as good as mine you're in for a treat!

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Left luggage at Male airport?

That's really helpful. Thank you so much. Sounds like you had a great time! We are on one of the islands for 6 days before flying on to New Zealand for the rest of our honeymoon. Can't wait!!

All the best

Tony

PS - doesn't sound like your tag 'stayathomedad' is right if you are gallivanting half way across the world!!

Reply to: Left luggage at Male airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted